No announcement yet.

OT: Papelbon Went After Harper In Dugout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puk or Groome. Puk is a college pitcher with more polish, but Groome has the look of a kid that could be really special coming out of high school.

Comment

Groome is NJ isn't he?

Originally posted by ThreeHeadedMonster View Post
      Puk or Groome. Puk is a college pitcher with more polish, but Groome has the look of a kid that could be really special coming out of high school.
      I remember a photo of him I think, a real string bean. You can't can't can't pick a guy named Puke. I know, I'm just going where everyone's gonna go.
      DB

Comment

You make a good point.

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
        A David Robinson? A John Elway? The baseball draft is so funky.
        The baseball draft is so multifaceted it's like deciphering a Rubik's Cube. BUT...given the choice between having the #1 overall pick after a horrific year like this one and NOT having the #1 pick overall after a horrific year like this one, I'd be appreciative of having it in my back pocket. That's how the Expos-er-Nationals got competitive (not great). They sucked enough for so many years that they were bound to pile up high picks that would turn into something valuable of some sort. The law of averages says that sooner or later you'll field 5 or 6 well-developed home-grown players out of that giant mess of draftees.

On a side note--the friggin Nationals will always be the friggin Expos to me. They can take a hike. I've never forgiven John Wetteland for being a mouthy punk during the 1993 season. Bryce Harper continues the tradition. May Pap's grip never ease up on that sniveling little twonk.
        You're my boy, Blue.

Comment

Working...
        X