Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phils fans win Papelbon Trade

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-harper-fight/

This was understandably overlooked in the moments after the incident. It shouldn’t be. Imagine, just after the Papelbon trade, that you asked Phillies fans to concoct a dream scenario for how this transaction would play out. Would any of them have suggested that the Nats would almost immediately begin to slide in the standings after Papelbon’s arrival, that Storen would wind up punching a locker and breaking his hand, that Papelbon would be suspended for throwing at Manny Machado, and that it would all culminate with Papelbon choking Washington’s franchise player, in the dugout, on fan appreciation day, during a blowout home loss to the Phillies, the day after the Nats had been eliminated from playoff contention?

It’s unimaginably worst-case for Washington, which makes it unimaginably best-case for Philadelphia. Fans of a last-place rival team shouldn’t get to be this happy.

Say what you want about Ruben, but he deserves a pat on the ass for that trade.

Comment

Got me jumping up and down like a schoolgirl

The no account, bush league Natinals are just a shade below the foreskins on the dispicable teams list.

So glad to see these pre-season WS favorites choke for the fourth year in a row; and made that much more enjoyable by seeing Papelbon's contribution.

And mad props to the Phartins for their valiant series win this past weekend.
      "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

I understand your glee at the demise of the Nationals but the fact is that Papelbon was "old school" right on the fucking money in choking that douchebag.
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Hey, I would have been fine if he killed him

Originally posted by slag View Post
          I understand your glee at the demise of the Nationals but the fact is that Papelbon was "old school" right on the fucking money in choking that douchebag.
          As good a hitter as Harper is, he's 100 times the asshole.

"Where's my ring?"

I'll tell you dipshit.........it's in your fucking bathtub!
          "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Overbrook View Post
            The no account, bush league Natinals are just a shade below the foreskins on the dispicable teams list.

So glad to see these pre-season WS favorites choke for the fourth year in a row; and made that much more enjoyable by seeing Papelbon's contribution.

And mad props to the Phartins for their valiant series win this past weekend.
            My dislike for the Nationals wasn't close to 'Skins levels schadenfreude/hatred until the DC police chief talked about planning for the parade when they made the playoffs.

http://nesn.com/2012/09/washington-d...series-parade/

I thought she even said multiple parades.
            --
            Your Retarded

Comment

Working...
            X