Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles have 28 players on roster drafted by other teams

Packers have 3.

Saw that tweeted by mclane during the draft.

Well at least two of the guys drafted this year look like they belong in the NFL. That's one more than last year's draft.

Comment

The MNF talking heads were gushing about that. It's a Ron Wolf legacy thing, and there is a good argument for it, as long as the talent evaluation is strong.

Comment

Culture babeeeee!

I think a team needs to have the feeling of Family,,, this is something that chiper is missing out on..
        OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
        "BFTR"

Comment

That's obviously the way to build a great team. Throwing $$$ at hired guns is so foreskins. And apparently so eagles too.

DREAM TEAM!!

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
            The MNF talking heads were gushing about that. It's a Ron Wolf legacy thing, and there is a good argument for it, as long as the talent evaluation is strong.
            Packers are the red-headed step-child when it comes to free agency. Young millionaires-to-be ( FAs) will never choose Green Bay, WI over the other more cosmopolitan locales. We're the fat chick at the dance as far as FAs (and cheerleaders) are concerned.

So they draft and develop, including lots and lots of UDFAs and lots of trade- backs on draft day. Many ways to skin the cat; this is what works for GB

Comment

Don't know about all that but you have to give them major credit for getting Rodgers with the 24th pick in 2005 when Favre was still their guy.
              Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Do I need to go back and......

...remind you of the abject failures FF had on countless draft days? THAT is what has necessitated all of this.

Comment

Good for them, but it's hardly the prototype for winning a SB. The Pats basically rented a secondary for a SB run. Marshawn Lynch has been the engine of the Seattle offense.
                  "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Strangely enough, FF is a Ron Wolf protege.

Comment

Good point. There was a time when they could throw some money around (can you say Reggie White?), and during the Favvvvvra years, the success was a draw. But overall, over the life of the franchise, yeah...it's probably not the first choice for the flashy kids.

Comment

Seattle is largely homegrown dudes with a few free agents here and there.

Almost the entire D is from their draft. The leaders and backbone of that D are all guys they scouted and groomed.

We give their worst DB $25m guaranteed because he's available. I'd hate to see the Eagles with a pocket full of money in a Whore House.

Comment

That team is basically trash without one guy. In this league you either have a stud qb or a world beating defense. The rest is details.

Comment

Exactly

I agree drafting is always better than FA, but both GB & NE would be 6-10 at best without Rodgers & Brady. Monster Defense or Elite QB only difference between a SB & missing the playoffs.
                            Cowboys last SB win is old enough to drink beer

Comment

I know I hadn't bought into Chip 100% but IF you are going to compare the 28 FA players on the Eagles to the 3 FA players on the Packers in order to be fair to Kelly you would also have to include the stat that McCarthy has been the head coach there for 10 years, so he has had time to groom drafted players, Chip is just starting his 3rd season here.

If you include Ron Wolf's legacy it gets even more lopsided as he was there in 91.

Comment

Working...
                              X