The Eagles have bad ownership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Eagles have bad ownership

Let's face it. Piss poor. Guy knows nothing about football. Discuss.

I don't find this point to be relevant.

An owner should be the guy supplying funds that pay the checks, cheering in his luxury box on Sundays.

You want Jerruh? Maybe Arthur Blank standing on the sideline in his suit?
    Last edited by BigSlizz; 09-29-2015, 02:38 PM.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

He wants Leonard Tose back.

Comment

He really wants this guy to own the Eagles

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
          I don't find this point to be relevant.

An owner should be the guy supplying funds that pay the checks, cheering in his luxury box on Sundays.

You want Jerruh? Maybe Arthur Blank standing on the sideline in his suit?
          I agree. Best thing you can hope for with an owner is a guy who isn't afraid to sign the checks and doesn't mind staying out of the way. And while Lurie let Reid overstay his welcome at least a couple of years and probably more, better to have an owner with a reputation for patience and trust in his hires than an impulsive meddler.

Comment

I was going to bring this up but...

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post
            ...it sounds like an excuse for Kelly and/or the players. But I totally agree with you.
            Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
            May 7, 2010

Comment

Mrs. Slizz sent me an article a few weeks ago on this topic. While I can't find the exact article (the one she sent only dealt with a handful of owners), here's an older one addressing every owner.

While there are storied franchises, I don't think the owner we are bitching for exists.

http://theweek.com/articles/460126/h...ner-made-money
              -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Culture Standard

Comment

Before we discuss further....

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post
                  ..... Can you site your reasons and use comparisons to validate.

I lean towards the he is ok direction but want to know more.
                  "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Jeff should have learned after giving FF full control.

Other than that, he should have hired a real football GM before bringing Chip on board. Not some wet behind the ears JoLo protégé.
                    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

I'd like Lurie a LOT more if he changed the color of the jerseys back to Kelly Green.
                      YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

Only complaint I have is that I wished he had put more pressure for Reid and Banner to bring in a top receiver for McNabb and been willing to spend for it. Other than that, I think he is above average. He stays out of the way of his football people from what I can tell. His overall hiring record is above average as well.
                        ".........there is no experience in the NFL like walking out of the tunnel at the Vet and listening to the fans get on you for three solid hours. Those people invent new ways to abuse you every year." Bill Parcels on the Eagle's fans

Comment

Working...
                        X