The Dominoes thread got me thinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CbEagle View Post
    Use to be one in Lansdale and went there often in the '80s had a real good combo platter.
    Kenny Rodger's Roasters also had a brief run in the '90s
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
      I stopped at a Waffle House at around 6 am on a long drive just to get a cup of coffee that I really needed.

I got outside with the takeout cup, took a sip and spit it on the sidewalk it was so fucking bad.

It was vile ... like boiled-dirty-socks-and-you-got-the-leftover-water bad.
      I was in Gatlinburg, Tennessee for a wedding once and couldn't find a drinkable cup of coffee in the entire town. I think they just heated up the dishwater. It was oral equivalent of stepping in dog shit.

Comment

También me gusta VIPS cuando quiero una experencia más similar de americano.
        --------

Comment

Agreed

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
          Dunkin Donuts is the worst. The coffee is good, but I've never really liked anything on their menu.
          Coffee is great though

Comment

Kenny Rogers made

a tasty bird ... it's the wood.

Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

... and their iced coffee is a special batch, probably more concentrated to account for the ice.

Comment

My Waffle House experience was outside Florence, SC. ... but we used the "Around Me" phone app to find a Dunkin Donuts that was only about a mile away and they hooked us up ... so I guess it's not a pandemic in the South.

The Waffle House was right off 95 and we figured a breakfast place wouldn't fuck up the coffee ... wrong.

One of my favorite breakfasts is a waffle, bacon and coffee, but Waffle House is out because the coffee is a key component.
                Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Jack''s in Mineola was always a late night favorite.

They were open 24/7 back in the day.

http://nypost.com/2015/05/22/jacks-l...oking-to-sell/
                  --------

Comment

Kenny Rogers chicken had a nice lemon pepper taste. The lone one in Sarasota disappeared about 15-20 years ago and the lone Boston Market closed about 7 years ago.

Boston Market had really good sides. There are some stores left in the large metro markets down here.

Comment

No way, Jose. Tim Hortons breakfast sandwiches are WAY better than Dunkin. The donuts are a bit sweeter, but much fresher.
                      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Jack in the Box tacos. Eeeeegh
                        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Been to Waffle house a couple of times

The grits are the shit. Everything else is typical greasy spoon diner chic.

Comment

Working...
                          X