Last man standing on Chip Ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last man standing on Chip Ship

Disappointing season, but I'm an Eagles fan. The game didn't change, just a couple more names.

It doesn't matter the coach or the players. We could have drafted Brady, Rodgers, or P. Manning, and that unlucky bastard would have never made a probowl or sniff a Super Bowl.

The chicken is just too strong. TOO FUCKING STRONG.
    500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Don't have to be on the chip ship to be an eagles fan. We'll still be Eagles fans while he's coaching Texas.

Comment

It's funny that the unofficial front office mouthpiece of the Eagles is trying to bat down exactly that kind of thought.

http://igglesblitz.com/2015/10/big-picture-talk/

Comment

I think he will get them going in the right direction. However, the first thing he needs to do is stop the up tempo offense, because it doesn't favor Blandford.
        500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

"Nelson Agholor just had his best game of the year." I love this quote. Its correct but very sad that it is correct.

Comment

The funny thing is each of the last two games, after the Eagles got ahead and tried to slow things down and run time off the clock between plays, the offense did dick.

I suspect there is something about scrambling up to the line of scrimmage and standing around for twenty-five seconds before you even prepare to snap that screws with these guys who are so used to tempo and momentum. Maybe Chip needs to have his guys huddle up.
            Last edited by RSE; 10-05-2015, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
              Disappointing season, but I'm an Eagles fan. The game didn't change, just a couple more names.

It doesn't matter the coach or the players. We could have drafted Brady, Rodgers, or P. Manning, and that unlucky bastard would have never made a probowl or sniff a Super Bowl.

The chicken is just too strong. TOO FUCKING STRONG.

I am and always will be an Eagles fan, no matter how bad it gets, just like my dad and his dad before him.

I still don't think Chip is some dummy that just got lucky, I think he is a smart guy, but I do believe that he thought he could completely remake a whole team in one year.

In the NFL, it just doesn't work that way.

Comment

No I think we fans thought and expect that he can do that in one year.

Comment

Something isn't clicking with Brad at QB with this style. Foles could run it, even the Sanchize. It looks real pathetic that this offense is unable to take time off the clock.

Comment

I'm still on. Rough start.

Comment

No I think we fans thought and expect that he can do that in one year.

I never expected him to do it in a year, and that is why SOME of us old guys just couldn't get all caught up in the Kool aid shotgun challenge, we've been disappointed too many times before to have that much "blind" faith.

Comment

Battered wife syndrome. FF came home after work drunk for years and beat the shit out of us because his chicken pot pie wasn't heated to the correct temperature. You guys are just afraid to love again. For two seasons Chip brought you roses and held your hand in public. Now that its a little rocky you want to walk out that door. Chip won't backhand you...not yet anyways.

Comment

Battered wife syndrome. FF came home after work drunk for years and beat the shit out of us because his chicken pot pie wasn't heated to the correct temperature. You guys are just afraid to love again. For two seasons Chip brought you roses and held your hand in public. Now that its a little rocky you want to walk out that door. Chip won't backhand you...not yet anyways.

LOL, if you think Andy Reid caused BWS then you don't have a clue as to the suffering of the masses before that, pick one,

Jerry Williams
                          Ed Khayat
                          Marion Campbell

Then you have the guys that "almost" got it right,

Dick Vermil
                          Buddy Ryan
                          Ray Rhodes

The funny part about all of this is that Kotite is ridiculed by just about everyone, truth is, he is one of the few Eagles HC to have an over 500% record.

Buddy Ryan, for as much as I loved the swagger, the bravado, and the team, in the end ALL of that talent was wasted.

As I said, a lot of us have seen it all before.

Comment

I think he will get them going in the right direction. However, the first thing he needs to do is stop the up tempo offense, because it doesn't favor Blandford.
                            I don't. He's 3 years in and going backwards in rapid fashion.

Comment

And I don't think 2-6 in the last 8 games, including an EPIC collapse last season and absolutely mind boggling personnel decisions in the off season, is a 'bump in the road'.
                              Last edited by D Leff; 10-05-2015, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X