Confidential to RSE and SC dwellers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confidential to RSE and SC dwellers

I have to drive down 95 all the way through the state next week ... any local reports on the news on how long it will take to get that 70 mile stretch south from Florence opened?

I'm asking RSE because he posted his daughter is in Myrtle Beach and maybe she's given him some insight from local news.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Haven't heard. I wouldn't venture a guess since the water is still rising. So far my daughter hasn't gotten flooded herself thank God but there is plenty of it in Conway where she lives.

Comment

I'm thinking the biggest issue is the bridge over the Santee River.

Comment

YO Slag...

Weather so much better throughout the remainder of the week (70's and sunny) AS I went through SCDOT there is no mention of 95 issues. Charleston and Columbia the main areas hit. Good luck!

Comment

Hmmm

I just looked at SCDOT and it says it's closed as of 11:29 today.

Click on the red "yield sign" with the exclamation point in it for Florence.

http://www.511sc.org/

Comment

The rain in North Myrtle going into North Carolina stopped yesterday afternoon. The drive into work was pretty smooth, and that's going down Highway 17 (main drag through here). A lot of the ponds and lakes in the area are still pretty high, and some neighborhoods around still have some standing water according to people I work with here. I was surprised at how quickly that much water went down overnight here. I had to work Sunday and the drive home that afternoon when we were getting pelted with those rain bands coming in off the ocean was pure hell. Almost didn't make it home.

From what I've heard from people in the area and from what I've seen on the news and such, the MB area was actually pretty lucky when you compare to further south in Georgetown, Charleston and especially Columbia. There were people that had water in their homes in the area but nothing like what they had to deal with in Columbia. I feel bad for those people.
            "You on the other hand, describe your shit so many times and revel in how glorious or strange it looks that there is absolutely no doubt you most definitely DO have a shit fetish." - Kelly Green

Jim Lahey is a drunk bastard.

Comment

And yes, the sun is forecast to come out this afternoon here. I've never been so ready for the sun. Except for one day where it started to peak through the clouds, we haven't had a sunny day here in almost two weeks.
              "You on the other hand, describe your shit so many times and revel in how glorious or strange it looks that there is absolutely no doubt you most definitely DO have a shit fetish." - Kelly Green

Jim Lahey is a drunk bastard.

Comment

Sorry man...you're right

Still with you coming next week and weather as it's forecast along with receding water, I would be suprised if your route was altered. I'll keep looking as week goes on.
                Originally posted by slag View Post
                I just looked at SCDOT and it says it's closed as of 11:29 today.

Click on the red "yield sign" with the exclamation point in it for Florence.

http://www.511sc.org/

Comment

Working...
                X