Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landon Donovan: Correct or Just Bitter and Spiteful

http://www.espnfc.com/confederations...oses-to-mexico

"Well, the same holds true for the coach and so we had a very poor summer with bad results in the Gold Cup. The last game against Brazil was probably the worst game I've seen them play under Jurgen. The reality is that now, anywhere else in the world, if this coach had those results, and they lose this game against Mexico, they'd be fired.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Don't think he's wrong at all...

This has been a poor year for USMNT...So many players in and out of line up. Guess we'll see come Saturday.

Comment

Yeah, I want to argue that Jurgen deserves a little leeway due to the talent level he is working with, but there is no excuse for not winning the Gold Cup IMO. It hasn't been a good year. Nevertheless, I have no doubt that there is a little bitterness behind that statement.

Comment

I think Donovan is correct. He is lucky he is coaching here. Any real soccer nation and his sell by date would be passed. He has a dedicated patron in Gulati.

Klinsmann did well with a motivated German team playing at home and with J. Loew as his right hand man. As soon as he bombed out at Bayern Munich, they started going to Champions League finals again.

Comment

Ha good point about Bayern. I don't have a good feeling about Saturday. Mexicans have been playing pretty well. Hopefully we get our shit together.

Comment

Not winning?

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
            Yeah, I want to argue that Jurgen deserves a little leeway due to the talent level he is working with, but there is no excuse for not winning the Gold Cup IMO. It hasn't been a good year. Nevertheless, I have no doubt that there is a little bitterness behind that statement.
            We didn't even place fucking 3rd.

Klinsmann should be developing the young players and giving them some playing time but he's panicking and relying too heavily on the old guard.

They've fallen off so much from what was a really exciting world cup...

Comment

Working...
            X