OT: Video Editing Advice / Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Video Editing Advice / Software

Just returned from a trip and am looking to edit a variety of sources of video into a coherent 10-15min segment with integrated music as well as actual sound.

Is there any freeware that you can recommend to do a decent job with this??

I have zero experience with any video editing.

Thanks in advance.
    The Eagles are boneheads. This is one of the top 10 biggest bonehead trades in the history of the NFL. - Chris Cooley 9/15/2010

What type of computer are you using?
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

HP Laptop but could use an Ipad as well I guess.
      Last edited by muggz; 10-08-2015, 09:38 PM.
      The Eagles are boneheads. This is one of the top 10 biggest bonehead trades in the history of the NFL. - Chris Cooley 9/15/2010

Comment

Apple keeps touting iMovie on the iPad as a good thing. I've never tried it.

I like Premiere. You could see if there's a light version of that.

Otherwise people I know use windows movie maker and seem to have some success.

I'm not home right now but I'll try to shoot you some options tomorrow. If you want to email me or send me a Facenutz message with questions about stuff you're thinking of using, I'm happy to help.
        Last edited by BigSlizz; 10-08-2015, 10:07 PM.
        -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

This is what I was talking about last night.

http://www.amazon.com/Adobe-Premiere...re+elements+13

Any "film" assholes will contradict me and say Avid, but editing houses are using the CC versions of the creative suite.

I've found Apple's software since about 2011 to be super confusing and frustrating to use.
          -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

If it's any consolation, as an old liner editing guy (I grew up on 3/4 and quad), I find digital editing in general to be rather confusing.

I used to have the full CC license (I now only have the photo version), and it was amazing how much software was available. Premiere looks great, but like with so many Adobe products, the interface and learning curve are a bit daunting. I'm sure that the Elements version is much easier to use, though. And much more reasonably priced for the typical consumer.

Comment

Thanks a bunch guys. I'll give some of these options a try and see how it goes.

Comment

It's funny because I find the more pro-oriented software (Premiere, FCP 7, Avid) to be more intuitive and easy to use. If you stick iMovie, Final Cut X or Pinnacle in front of me, I'm all thumbs.
                -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Maybe that's what I'm missing. I'd have to think that they would design the software around people whose mind worked with linear methods. They certainly didn't have to cater to that group when creating the home version.

Comment

The only time I ever had to combine or splice anything was for a class in college, and I used the Movie Maker program that came with Windows. It wasn't great by any means, a little choppy, probably due to my inexperience, but it got the job done.

Comment

Working...
                    X