• Billy Davis' Passive-Aggressive Defense

I see Brees ripping right through it. Saints 24-17

Of course you do.

Comment

HKTBD

Hot knife thru butter D
      "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

I don't view the defense as passive. I just think they suck at rushing the passer. Its competence, not design

Comment

If Kirk Cousins can.............

....knife right through it with the game ON THE LINE, what is Brees going to do? Stop being a Stepford and be honest: The offensive line sucks EVEN WHEN it's 100% healthy. We have no pass rush a.) due to personnel and b.) due to scheme. That equates to disaster to me. Give me one reason why you think we'll win this game. Why? Because you'll be in the stands?

Comment

Exclusive Billy Davis Phuture Photo on Sunday!

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post
            ....knife right through it with the game ON THE LINE, what is Brees going to do? Stop being a Stepford and be honest: The offensive line sucks EVEN WHEN it's 100% healthy. We have no pass rush a.) due to personnel and b.) due to scheme. That equates to disaster to me. Give me one reason why you think we'll win this game. Why? Because you'll be in the stands?
            DB

Comment

One reason: it's football. Anything can happen. That's why they actually play the game.

I don't know how you get off calling me a Stepford, especially when you're too busy whining about shit that hasn't even happened yet. Put on your big boy pants and watch the game. Or not, since you already know the outcome.

Comment

The same way you get off saying...

..."of course you do."

Comment

Originally posted by Squire View Post
                  I don't view the defense as passive. I just think they suck at rushing the passer. Its competence, not design
                  I don't understand all the hatred for the D. They're played great through three quarters pretty consistently. However, after being on the field for 40+ minutes, contributing to several injuries, any group would start to wear down.

They haven't been getting a lot of sacks, but they have been facing quick-throwing offenses. Hence the increased focus on batted passes at the line.

Personally, I think it's Chip Kelly putting the Defense in a bad position more than Billy Davis. He stubbornly clings to shit that's not working on offense, and the D barely has time to catch their breath before going right back onto the field.

Comment

THERE ISN'T ANYTHING REMOTELY HAPPENING, THAT I CAN SEE, TELLING ME IGGS WIN 7 GAMES THIS YEAR. UNLESS YOU COUNT PRESEASON.
                    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

??

Originally posted by Dan Drives a Van View Post
                      I don't understand all the hatred for the D. They're played great through three quarters pretty consistently. However, after being on the field for 40+ minutes, contributing to several injuries, any group would start to wear down.
                      They couldn't stop a 3rd down virtually the entire first half
                      "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

What is Davis' excuse for two third and long draw plays that have gone for first downs? Both early in the games. The play against Washington on the first drive was a disgrace. Everyone in the District of Columbia knew a draw play was coming on 3rd and 19. That play infuriated me.

Comment

Working...
                        X