• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embiid problems

Oh man, bad stuff in here.

http://www.si.com/thecauldron/2015/1...-brown-process

Worth reading the whole thing but an excerpt:

"Embiid was determined to go to Vegas to party for the balance of the 10 days of summer league. While Embiid was in Vegas, he was mandated to wear the walking boot in advance of the second surgery, but Embiid not only refused to wear the boot, but he carried himself as if nothing was wrong with the foot, shooting jumpers and even occasionally dunking. These actions have given rise to the theory that Embiid actually re-broke his foot, rather than the initial injury not healing properly. It also led to Embiid having the surgery a month later than the club originally had hoped."

Originally posted by capitaleagle View Post
    Oh man, bad stuff in here.

http://www.si.com/thecauldron/2015/1...-brown-process

Worth reading the whole thing but an excerpt:

"Embiid was determined to go to Vegas to party for the balance of the 10 days of summer league. While Embiid was in Vegas, he was mandated to wear the walking boot in advance of the second surgery, but Embiid not only refused to wear the boot, but he carried himself as if nothing was wrong with the foot, shooting jumpers and even occasionally dunking. These actions have given rise to the theory that Embiid actually re-broke his foot, rather than the initial injury not healing properly. It also led to Embiid having the surgery a month later than the club originally had hoped."
    He didn't rebreak it in las Vegas. Surgery was already scheduled by that point...in the fact that already knew there was an issue.
    Last edited by nerd; 10-16-2015, 12:27 PM.
    “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Bummer if true. I have to say though, I know he's been struggling but I'm pretty excited about Okafor. Having him, Noel and Sauce is enough to get me to watch even if they are horrible.
      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I hate to say it, but I've written him off. The 2016 draft, Noel, and Okafor are this team's future.

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
          He didn't rebreak it in las Vegas. Surgery was already scheduled by that point...in the fact that already knew there was an issue.
          That's exactly what it says in the excerpt. Embiid refused to wear a walking boot in advance of the second surgery.

I think the author is implying that if Embiid was unwilling to wear a walking boot when it was recommended to him and he knew he was going to need a second surgery, it isn't far fetched to believe he wasn't talking care of the foot properly before that.
          --------
          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
            Bummer if true. I have to say though, I know he's been struggling but I'm pretty excited about Okafor. Having him, Noel and Sauce is enough to get me to watch even if they are horrible.
            Lots to like about this team moving forward, including Okafor and a ton of draft picks the next 2-3 years, too. Good thing, since if this report is even just partially true there's no way they can build a team around him.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
              That's exactly what it says in the excerpt. Embiid refused to wear a walking boot in advance of the second surgery.

I think the author is implying that if Embiid was unwilling to wear a walking boot when it was recommended to him and he knew he was going to need a second surgery, it isn't far fetched to believe he wasn't talking care of the foot properly before that.
              I think that's basically it -- that Embiid ignored doctor's orders after the first surgery and refused to take his rehab seriously, and that there's widespread belief that his negligence led to him re-injuring his foot.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                I hate to say it, but I've written him off. The 2016 draft, Noel, and Okafor are this team's future.
                Yep. Until he proves otherwise, he's a bust. Going to be a hell of a 30 for 30 someday, just hope it's about Embiid's failure, not the Hinkie-era Sixers as a whole...

Comment

Yeah me too. I thought Embiid was the key to this whole thing. That said, if Okafor is a stud and they hit in the next draft and bring Saric back, they may be alright without him.
                  "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

It says that... Then says that the dunk and shooting may have actually caused the foot to break and not just be the foot not healing.

I see what he implies...but he also implies that the actions in lv caused the break.... And surgery was already scheduled.

That being said.... Doesn't change the concerns about his attitude. Could be he is young and immature...add that to his brothers death last year and he could have been acting out.
                    Last edited by nerd; 10-16-2015, 02:17 PM.
                    “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Bynum 2.0
                      John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Now Okafur could be out for opener

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                        It never ends...supposedly nothing serious but I always worry if it's a knee
                        Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                        May 7, 2010

Comment

At least Bynum had a nba career. Embiid is stealing every dime he's ever been paid.

Comment

Meh...

He's a 21-year-old instant millionaire who's getting in trouble filling time when having to sit out two seasons. This article reads like it's a lot of speculation and little fact.

One of the doctors who performed the second operation was the same guy who performed the same operation on Durant and he said Embiid's foot looked better than Durants. If this is still a problem next year, then it's a problem. I'm not going to start bashing him now for being 21 and having nothing to do.

I love the talk of Embiid not taking working out / rehab seriously too. If these are pictures of a guy who isn't taking it seriously, god help the NBA if he does.

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/463...Bn2ofTyg%3D%3D

http://cdn-jpg.si.com/sites/default/...?itok=5Z344p8h
                            Last edited by Hordel; 10-17-2015, 09:15 AM.
                            Check out our sports blog Deep(ish) Thoughts
                            www.deepishthoughts.com

Comment

How's sellen?
                              I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

Working...
                              X