The NFL is garbage this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NFL is garbage this year

In general. The 4pm games have pretty much sucked every week. The penalties and challenges just kill the flow of the games. I'm just bored by it and I've watched less and less every week.

I've enjoyed College Football much more this year (and I'm sure that is partially due to Temple's success).

I don't know if it was the Eagles horrific start or something more. I've been golfing some late season tournaments on Sundays. I've said for too long now, this shithead league doesn't deserve my emotional investment. The late flags on third down are pretty disgusting already.
    Last edited by Greenstealth; 10-18-2015, 06:16 PM.

Comment

2-3 years ago if anyone scheduled something on a Sunday in the fall I would be furious. I would watch 9 hours of football non stop. Now I'm actively looking for other things to do.

Comment

i'm enjoying the carolina seattle game(even though i'm sure the penalties in this game are the one's you're referring to), but the 4:00 slates have sucked every week until now.

to me the NFL peaked in watchability 06-10.

Comment

Ran errands during the first set of games, just got back from the gym and watching the 4th quarter of the Carolina game. I would normally put everything on hold, including family time, to watch the NFL. Not so much anymore. I can't believe I still pay for the Sunday Ticket.
          500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

This Carolina/Seattle game is good.
            500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Yeah, I haven't gone out of my way to catch games the last several weeks like in year's past...missed the entire Jets game and only saw the second half of the Saints game as we did the hayride/pumpkin-picking thing both weekends with our grandsons.

BTW, I didn't see it mentioned but did anyone see that BS call on the Colts onsides kick last night? It was brutal. How anyone with a brain could say the Pats recovered that kick after looking at the replay is beyond me. The Colts had it plain as day on the replay. I swear there are times when it's hard to dispel the notion that these games are fixed in some way.

To be honest, I'm a bigger fan of college ball anyway but even that has me depressed since WVU lost Karl Joseph(quite possibly the best safety in the nation) for the season several weeks ago while doing non-contact drills. What started as a promising season has turned into a shit storm. The Big 12 is f'n brutal as we played Oklahoma, Okie St., Baylor,(and TCU this Saturday) in succession.

Comment

Speaking of NFL garbage, I was waiting for Overbrook's take on that Detroit INT in the Endzone/Touchdown reversal on that reception continuation BS. Does the NFL even understand the rule anymore?

Comment

Automatic

First down!

Or let's just pick up the flag.... depending on what mood we are in.

I'm starting to believe the officiating crews have earpieces connected to HQ in Manhattan.

One thing is for sure... you are pretty much guaranteed that something f*ed up is going to happen when you see Mike Pereira on the screen.
                  --------
                  "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                    First down!

Or let's just pick up the flag.... depending on what mood we are in.

I'm starting to believe the officiating crews have earpieces connected to HQ in Manhattan.

One thing is for sure... you are pretty much guaranteed that something f*ed up is going to happen when you see Mike Pereira on the screen.
                    I always thought that was McMahon's greatest tool. Automatic first downs on such inconspicuous plays is such a great way to control a game.

Comment

Originally posted by D Leff View Post
                      I always thought that was McMahon's greatest tool. Automatic first downs on such inconspicuous plays is such a great way to control a game.
                      it's like that commercial with aaron Rodgers. "you do the juggling ball thing, you scratch your head like you are thinking about something, i'll say the pass was incomplete"
                      “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
                        2-3 years ago if anyone scheduled something on a Sunday in the fall I would be furious. I would watch 9 hours of football non stop.
                        I am still in this boat, but one thing I've done which makes a difference is if it isn't an Eagles game I just pause the game or set it to record and jump in about an hour and a half in. Between fast forwarding through commercials and lag time in between plays I usually catch up and am live by the end of the game.

Saves time and helps avoid having to listen to the color guy telling some annoying scripted story about *insert player here*'s *insert whacky pregame ritual here*.

Comment

Working...
                        X