I WOULD LIKE TO PROPOSE.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I WOULD LIKE TO PROPOSE.......

SINCE THE ZUBUS COST SO MUCH TO PARK, TWICE AS MUCH AS A REGULAR VEHICLE, THAT WE CHIP IN A LIL BIT TO HELP MR. ZUBAZ WITH PARKING OCCASIONALLY. WE ALL USE IT EACH WEEK. JUST SAYIN.
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Ill chip in for some new speakers
    WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

I'm down

Nm
      The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Agreed. C says he doesn't mind, but we all feel a like we should contribute somehow.

Comment

Let me know Zubaz

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
          Ill chip in for some new speakers
          I have some new Niles indoor/outdoor speakers with brackets that I'll donate. They however are black. Let me know, I'll bring them with me for the big Gayte.
          Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

Not one damn cent. Other than giving me booze, shots, tickets, a toilet for my ladies and a lift to the airport, EFinMD hasn't done shit for me.

How much is a one car parking spot these days?

Comment

$40 per car. It's outrageous.

Comment

I know I don't make a ton of Games but sure

if we all chip in 5 or 10 bucks we should be able to help cover the Zubus parking bill. I'm in!
                OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                "BFTR"

Comment

Damn. Fans getting the shaft. Who gets that money?

And I'll be happy to slide EFinMD a crisp George Washington for his cause.

Comment

IT'S $80 FOR OVERSIZED, WHICH THE ZUBUS IS. THE CITY OWNS THE LOTS AS FAR AS I KNOW.
                    Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 10-22-2015, 03:59 PM.
                    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

No, Ed Snyder owns the lot.
                      On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

I think the Wells Fargo Center owns the space, but there is some kind of revenue sharing between them and Lincoln Financial Field (I'm pretty sure they are separate business entities from the sports franchises).

Then again...as I look around the web, I notice the Jetro parking folks posted this statement on their Facenutz page: "Once again we do not operate the Lot for Philadelphia Eagles games." I'm thinking that the NFL or maybe just the Eagles FO has some cluster fuck deal with all of the parking lot owners in the area. That might explain how they can control the rates so tightly (everywhere it's the same price - no market forces here) and how they can dictate the opening times for all of the lots.

By the way...I was trying to guesstimate the math during the last game, estimating the take for parking. From my research, between Citizens Bank Park, the Linc, and Wells Fargo, there are maybe 27,000 parking spaces. Assuming that between oversized vehicles (they pay double, but they are allowed four spaces) and no-shows, the usage is probably 50%. That alone comes to a gross of $540,000 per home game. And that doesn't include FDR or Jetro. So we can safely assume an easy $600,000 in revenue just from parking.
                        Last edited by Susquehanna Birder; 10-23-2015, 07:57 AM.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the city owns the land in the sports complex. But the Eagles, Spectacore etc. effectively control it via long term leases.

I think Spectacore controls the revenue from the Wells Fargo lot and the Eagles the revenue from the Link lots. At least this is what I recall from when the stadium deals were getting done. I don't know about the lot where the Vet used to be.

It wouldn't surprise me if there was some sort of agreement insuring uniform prices across the lots.
                          --------
                          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

What is to keep them from raising the price to $50?

Comment

I'm sure there are lots of players in there, especially for the amount of money that is generated. The city, Comcast-Spectacor, PPA, whatever shell company they use to manage the staff salaries, etc...it's all one big clusterfuck. And of course, we're the ones who get to finance the whole thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X