Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

99.9% of FA Signings Don't Pan Out Here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99.9% of FA Signings Don't Pan Out Here...

Ryan Mathews could be in the remaining .1%

I'm ok with Jenkins, Thurmond and even Carroll.

Comment

marquee free agent signings for big dollars rarely work anywhere.

Comment

Sproles, Demeco Ryans

Comment

Both were trades.

Comment

and

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
            Both were trades.
            Those aren't exactly marquee players, with all due respect. The last big time FA signing that worked out for the Eagles, that I can think of, would be Asante Samuel. Even then, he had his detractors.
            Last edited by JuTMSY4; 10-26-2015, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
              Those aren't exactly marquee players, with all due respect. The last big time FA signing that worked out for the Eagles, that I can think of, would be Asante Samuel. Even then, he had his detractors.

Barwin, but I agree with the post in general between the Nnamdi's the Jevon Kearse's etc.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                marquee free agent signings for big dollars rarely work anywhere.

THIS. Even look @ Suh for the Phins this season...VERRRY average...

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                  THIS. Even look @ Suh for the Phins this season...VERRRY average...
                  Grow your own, Steelers, Green Bay, problem is whenever you change head coaches/management you are going to have F/A

Comment

i think the acquisitions(FA and trades) have worked well on defense because they're actually supplementing homegrown talent. such acquisitions have worked out terrible on offense because chip is just plugging in guys. makeshift OL in front of a new QB with 2 new RBs, throwing to WRs that are rotating all the time, including the likes of miles austin. it doesn't work.

Comment

BWAH...I remember Kearse limping around after almost every play. That offseason was exciting though...signing him and T.O. on the first day! I was pumped only to be fist fucked!

Comment

Originally posted by BIG JAY View Post
                        BWAH...I remember Kearse limping around after almost every play. That offseason was exciting though...signing him and T.O. on the first day! I was pumped only to be fist fucked!

I remember that well Big Jay, I also remember that year Kearse showed up for TC looking like a bulimic teenage girl on a water and cracker diet.

Comment

Working...
                        X