Mathews Should Be Starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mathews Should Be Starting

How can it even be a question? Giving Murray the bulk of of the carries is self-destructive.

Through seven games, Mathews is the Eagles' leading rusher with 342 yards on 56 carries. DeMarco Murray, meanwhile, has totaled 307 rushing yards on 88 attempts.
    http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/20...SZG6pwdiix5.99[/

How much money is Murray making compared to Mathews? That in itself and pride tells you that Chip is going shove Murray down our throats even if he averages 0.5 ypc

Comment

Originally posted by wynnron123 View Post
      How much money is Murray making compared to Mathews? That in itself and pride tells you that Chip is going shove Murray down our throats even if he averages 0.5 ypc
      That is what it's all about, MONEY, Matthews is clearly better and Murray does not fit this system, but instead of building on what works pride steps in and nobody can admit they made a mistake.

Comment

If it wasn't about money and pride they should be starting Mathews, and I can't believe I am saying this, Sanchez.

I am getting to the point I wince every time the ball is snaped to Bradford, I will need to file a damage suite against Lurie if this tick becomes permanent.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
          If it wasn't about money and pride they should be starting Mathews, and I can't believe I am saying this, Sanchez.

I am getting to the point I wince every time the ball is snaped to Bradford, I will need to file a damage suite against Lurie if this tick becomes permanent.
          You must not remember Sanchez.
          "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

This
            John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
              You must not remember Sanchez.

Honestly Mel, you're probably right, but I get the same feeling watching Bradford take a snap as I do watching Sturgis line up a kick.

Comment

Honestly, I felt 1000x better when the offense had the ball with Sanchez under center than I do about the offense now with Bradford. Bradford is doing nothing better than Sanchez did last year. Thats a low bar and he can't even clear that bar. Sanchez is more mobile (so is a telephone pole compared to Bradford), with better short throw accuracy. Maybe he throws a more catchable ball, who knows...

When Buttfumble was leading the team, I didn't feel overly confident, but when Bradford is leading the team I'm down right pessimistic.
                Last edited by Sect 236; 10-27-2015, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                  Honestly, I felt 1000x better when the offense had the ball with Sanchez under center than I do about the offense now with Bradford. Bradford is doing nothing better than Sanchez did last year. Thats a low bar and he can't even clear that bar. Sanchez is more mobile (so is a telephone pole compared to Bradford), with better short throw accuracy. Maybe he throws a more catchable ball, who knows...

When Buttfumble was leading the team, I didn't feel overly confident, but when Bradford is leading the team I'm down right pessimistic.
                  Well, in a vacuum is seems that way. But consider that Bradford was playing behind Tobin, Barbre, Kelce, D. Kelly and Johnson this Sunday. Sanchez had Peters, Mathis, Kelce, Barbre (I think) and Johnson for most of his time playing. Those guys started coming back just as Foles went down. It's also notable that Kelce seems to have majorly regressed this year for whatever reason.

Sanchez was the same story, except he literally can't throw the ball down the field. In my eyes, Sanchez is basically Fitzpatrick. He can start a season here or there, but you're not banking on him for the playoffs. Bradford is closer to Carson Palmer's ceiling, in my opinion, where there's a chance they could get you through it if the other phases come together. Unfortunately, the supporting cast here has been playing like dogshit.

I was really down on Bradford after the Saints game, but he actually showed some decent stuff in the game against Carolina.
                  Last edited by Melchior; 10-27-2015, 01:00 PM.
                  "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

I'm tired of watching Bradford. They're boring to watch play. Maybe they'll be the exact same with Sanchez under center, but they're not getting any better with Bradford. He's playing ok right now because the receivers aren't. As soon as the receivers start playing better, he'll start missing every pass. Everything about his game screams "I'm not on the same page with ANYONE on my team."

As I'm typing this, I realized, I actually hate him. I disliked Foles. Sanchez was poop. Vick was enfuriating. McNabb too. Bradford is the only one of our recent starters that I can say I literally hate.

Comment

This is where I am at. Sanchez is no savior but the offense was better last season with him at QB. I'd like to see what Sanchez can do now that the D has improved.

Comment

Also, the OL has not been the problem for Bradford in pass protection, at all. They had been graded out as #1 in pass protection. That could change if Peters misses extended time, but up until now, Bradford's gunshy nature has been created by his horrible pocket awareness, extremely fucked up clock in his head and check down mentality.

Whether it be I Am Sam or Buttfumble, we're screwed at the position for the foreseeable future.
                        Last edited by Sect 236; 10-27-2015, 01:13 PM.

Comment

I'm tired of watching Bradford. They're boring to watch play. Maybe they'll be the exact same with Sanchez under center, but they're not getting any better with Bradford. He's playing ok right now because the receivers aren't. As soon as the receivers start playing better, he'll start missing every pass. Everything about his game screams "I'm not on the same page with ANYONE on my team."

As I'm typing this, I realized, I actually hate him. I disliked Foles. Sanchez was poop. Vick was enfuriating. McNabb too. Bradford is the only one of our recent starters that I can say I literally hate.
                          Huh? What kind of warped logic is that? Look, Bradford has been shitty for the majority of this season, but this group of receivers are playing worse than any I've seen in years.

His play on Sunday was adequate. When the ball hits your receivers in BOTH HANDS, there's no "not being on the same page." That's called having shitty receivers.

This mess is on Chip. Pay Ryan Mathews and some backup RB for the vet minimum and fucking pay Maclin. He's not Calvin Johnson, but he could catch the goddamned ball and take some pressure off of Matthews. Also, keep Mathis. He's better than Tobin/Barbre.

Comment

Also, the OL has not been the problem for Bradford in pass protection, at all. They had been graded out as #1 in pass protection. That could change if Peters misses extended time, but up until now, Bradford's gunshy nature has been created by his horrible pocket awareness, extremely fucked up clock in his head and check down mentality.
                            Dude, you can't tell me the pass protection was good once Peters went out. He had virtually no time in the pocket after that.

I agree, though, in the past the pass protection has been great and Bradford has sucked. That wasn't the case against Carolina.

Comment

You really should consider joining Eamon and I at the pub. You need to get a grip and relax before Chip puts you in the little white bus. You have hatred in your heart for chips QB. NOT GOOD. BUT as bad as Sanchez is, he throws a long ball from time to time that opens things up. Bradford never throws the bomb. Unless ita a Hail Mary when the game is already lost. I'll get the barstool ready for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X