Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do we get to see the Giants/Pats game today at 4pm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do we get to see the Giants/Pats game today at 4pm?

Normally when the eagles play at home during the 1pm game we don't get to see the 4pm game on CBS. Is it because it's a CBS Doubleheader weekend?

I remember a time that when the eagles played in philly at 1pm, we got the 4pm game on FOX

And if the eagles played in philly at 1pm on FOX, we got the 4pm on CBS

So did something change over the years?

I dunno. I'm in northern pa almost ny state and we breakdown like this eagles > giants > bills > jets. But if Pitt plays same time as eagles on CBS it always defaults to the Pitt game. This fucks me atleast once a year but we always have a choice of multi games a Sunday early or late games.
    Last edited by inkdrop; 11-15-2015, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Die

Comment

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
        Die
        why you got to be so damm nasty?

Comment

because

smegma
          "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

home game against AFC opponent

The general rule is that NFC games are on Fox and AFC games are on CBS because those 2 networks won the bids for these respective conferences (this is the current breakdown, since networks have outbid for different contracts in years past). One exception is if a home team of one conference is hosting a team from the other conference. In that case, the away team dictates the network. So the Eagles-Dolphins game will be on CBS.

The other rule is that if your home market plays a game, there is no competition of another game on another station at that timeslot. The other afternoon timeslot will be a game on the other network. So in this case, the 4pm game will be on Fox.

The rules are a bit fuzzy since CBS has shown 2 NFC teams play against one another this season.

Originally posted by smg View Post
            Normally when the eagles play at home during the 1pm game we don't get to see the 4pm game on CBS. Is it because it's a CBS Doubleheader weekend?

I remember a time that when the eagles played in philly at 1pm, we got the 4pm game on FOX

And if the eagles played in philly at 1pm on FOX, we got the 4pm on CBS

So did something change over the years?

Comment

Originally posted by C from SD View Post
              The general rule is that NFC games are on Fox and AFC games are on CBS because those 2 networks won the bids for these respective conferences (this is the current breakdown, since networks have outbid for different contracts in years past). One exception is if a home team of one conference is hosting a team from the other conference. In that case, the away team dictates the network. So the Eagles-Dolphins game will be on CBS.

The other rule is that if your home market plays a game, there is no competition of another game on another station at that timeslot. The other afternoon timeslot will be a game on the other network. So in this case, the 4pm game will be on Fox.

The rules are a bit fuzzy since CBS has shown 2 NFC teams play against one another this season.

That's why I was shocked to see we have the Giants/Pats game on CBS at 4pm and the Raiders/Vikings game on FOX at 4pm. Normally it would just be the Fox game if the eagles play at home on CBS at 1pm
              Last edited by smg; 11-15-2015, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X