Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All this short passing game stuff just.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All this short passing game stuff just.....

...exposes your players to being hit. Too many bodies in a very confined space. When is the last time we've seen a receiver run a fly pattern? You need to stretch players out vertically, not just horizontally. Yes, yes...I know. We have no one who can do that.

Doesn't matter if you complete them, just throw a couple each game to open things up. They never go deep so the safeties can hang around and pound receivers in these short passes.

Comment

Short passes I can understand. But please at least make them go over the line of scrimmage.

Comment

No one you can run one ....

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post
        ...exposes your players to being hit. Too many bodies in a very confined space. When is the last time we've seen a receiver run a fly pattern? You need to stretch players out vertically, not just horizontally. Yes, yes...I know. We have no one who can do that.
        ...except maybe Arugala and I have doubts Bumford can toss one.
        "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

They can run it ... but the offensive line can't hold.

Trenches and all that shit.

You saw it yesterday, they got bitch slapped up front on both sides of the ball all day long.
          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

let's just hope the team....

Originally posted by slag View Post
            They can run it ... but the offensive line can't hold.

Trenches and all that shit.

You saw it yesterday, they got bitch slapped up front on both sides of the ball all day long.
            ..isn't quitting on the coach because this last game certainly gave me the impression.
            "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Chip doesn't seem to get that.

Comment

It all comes down to play callin, guess who calls the plays.

Comment

Chip seems to be too inflexible. Fuck, a fair portion of being a succesful coach is to adjust your gameplan as the game goes on. Unfortunately, he's all like "Nope. This is how we do things because this is how we do them." We're not going to adjust the snap count, make personnel changes, allow any audibling, anything. We'll just run the same 10 plays over and over. We've got this shit licked.

After that shit-show on Sunday he was he basically said that after the Huff TD, the Yucs played more Cover 2 and that took the WRs out of the game. Are you kidding me? That's not some magical new shit. I don't recall ever hearing of another coach being like "Oh shit. They're playing Cover 2? Well, fuck it...I guess the WRs are useless for the rest of the game."

He says shit like "We have a player rotation because we do and that's how we do it." So KKKooper, IntendedforMiles Austin and Taylor Hart, are playing half the plays while guys who can actually make a play occasionally like Huff or Vinny Curry are sitting on their thumbs. But fuck...they have a rotation I guess. I always thought it was a benefit to have your best players on the field as much as possible. They weren't getting any pressure on Winston. Well, Taylor Hart was in there. That bum will never get a QB pressure in his life.

He's basically Mr. Miyagi..."If do right, no can defense." Well shit...they're not doing it right. You might want to try something else.

Comment

Working...
                  X