Why does this franchise suck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does this franchise suck?

Serious question. Is it because they don't draft well? Shitty ownership? It just boggles the mind that coaches leave here and win SB's, but this cursed shit stain always falls flat. Gruden, Harbaugh, Vermiel, Sean Payton, and most likely Ron Rivera this year.
    Cowboys last SB win is old enough to drink beer

Shitty ownership.
    Will you shut up, man!

Joe Biden

Comment

I don't really mind the ownership. Lurie sits back, writes checks and lets the people he hires run things. You'd rather have Jerruh?
      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
        I don't really mind the ownership. Lurie sits back, writes checks and lets the people he hires run things. You'd rather have Jerruh?
        Right, Lurie does what an owner should. Jerruh is the owner, president and GM, he had one good run and that was because Jimmy Johnson ran everything and told Jones what he wanted.

Comment

But he made the same mistake twice

in giving his head coach ultimate power. Didn't work with FF, still debatable with Chip.

IF he fires Chip or Chip leaves, he needs to bring in a REAL GM and let HIM chart the course of the team after he hires his head coach.
          John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

As much as I am an Eagles fan, I've been a Toronto Maple Leafs fan even longer. If you want to talk about a disfunctional franchise, they're it, the Leafs that is. From a owner that loaded his pockets and literally sabotaged possible contending teams for years to come and after he died the power struggle that ensued for years. Lurie is no Harold Ballard, he owned the Leafs for 35 years. I think that Lurie wants to win, but he is a business man and he is making loads of money as things are. Although I have to question how he feels about Chip now and what he's paying him. This franchise would be worth a lot more if it wins a SB. Hopefully he gets smart and doesn't become the Leafs of the NFL, a money rich franchise that doesn't seem to really care about getting better or winning.
            Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

Not a fan of Lurie but there are a lot of franchises which have been run worse.

I think Lurie was fortunate to buy into a market like Philadelphia. If he was in a market like St. Louis I suspect his team would not have been very successful.

He did succeed in transforming the gameday experience at an Eagles game from football to entertainment.
              --------
              "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by royal View Post
                Serious question. Is it because they don't draft well? Shitty ownership? It just boggles the mind that coaches leave here and win SB's, but this cursed shit stain always falls flat. Gruden, Harbaugh, Vermiel, Sean Payton, and most likely Ron Rivera this year.
                WE ARE SMARTER THAN YOU!

Same as it always was. Arrogance. Unearned arrogance.

Get lost, DeSean! Take a hike Jeremy. See ya later Shady!

Wait why are we bad and having to sign overpriced free agents now? We were so smart!
                Last edited by FuriousXGeorge; 11-28-2015, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X