Why I don't believe Chip is gone yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I don't believe Chip is gone yet

Doesn't matter what side you are on, I can't see it happening.

Lurie always fires a year later than he should. Kelly built up some equity in his first two years. In Luries mind.

On Kelly's side of it, to take a college job now is to admit abject failure, which I don't think he's ready to do.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
    Doesn't matter what side you are on, I can't see it happening.

Lurie always fires a year later than he should. Kelly built up some equity in his first two years. In Luries mind.

On Kelly's side of it, to take a college job now is to admit abject failure, which I don't think he's ready to do.
    Ray went 10-6, 10-6, 6-9-1 and then got a lame duck year where he posted a 3-13 record. Thats the history Lurie needs to learn from. The results look identical amd Lurie needs to recognize that sometimes it doesnt pay to try to salvage that second-to-last season in a coach'es contract.
    "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

I don't think he is gone yet either.

Honestly, part of me hopes he stays for next year just to see if he can rebound.
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
        Ray went 10-6, 10-6, 6-9-1 and then got a lame duck year where he posted a 3-13 record. Thats the history Lurie needs to learn from. The results look identical amd Lurie needs to recognize that sometimes it doesnt pay to try to salvage that second-to-last season in a coach'es contract.
        Ufff... the mention of a lame duck year sounds scary. But would mean a high draft pick.

If only they could get the right GM.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I don't think chip is that great of a coach. He's the coach of my favorite team so I obviously want to see him succeed but there is a lot of head scratching moments that suggest he's a little out of his league as a tactician. Opponents calling plays out and watching how he manages games at the end of halves, not good. This is not the product that was being produced at Oregon and he seems too stubborn to adapt.

Comment

He's gone. And if he stays, he's gone next year. This is a lot more than just having a disappointing season. This is a team who doesn't believe in his scheme. A defense that is tired and hurt because they get no rest in a game. Offensive players who think the plan is a failure.

If chip stays, he still has to admit failure and try something different. Do you see that happening?

Comment

I think he's here next year

2 things would help me keep my interest,,taking Boykin "at some point in the draft",,bring in a New Dee Co,,,that's the only way I would even bother watching this team with Chip still here.
              OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
              "BFTR"

Comment

ALTHOUGH I THINK YOU'RE RIGHT, KING JEFF HAS BEEN TOO LATE TO PUSH THE BUTTON HISTORICALLY, I THINK, HOPE HE SEE'S OL POOH HAS BEEN A BAD EXPERIMENT AND CUTS TIES WITH THIS GUY.
                "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

it worries me because Lurie has always valued continuity over quality when it comes to the front office and coaches
                  "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Working...
                  X