Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screw you, Penn State

Nm
    The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

They lost to Temple for crying out loud. Why would you think they could beat MSU on the Road with no Offensive Line and a bad coach?

Comment

I think they regressed this year

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
      Nm
      Good recruiting, no coaching.
      DB

Comment

Then they should get better. Recruiting is all that matters. You guys aren't giving him a chance. Is this even his third year?
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Coaching > recruiting in college. Look At Miami. Last year canes had a ton of NFL picks but that piece of fucking garbage penn state product Al fucking Golden couldn't even muster a winning record.

A great college coach can take marginal talent and do wonders with it.
          Last edited by Ellsworth; 11-28-2015, 09:05 PM.

Comment

You think? Greg Schiano turned around one of the worst programs in college football and it had little to do with his coaching ability. Ty Wilingham and Brady Hole are examples of guys who inherited talent and won but then brought in none of their own and blew. I feel like that happens a lot.

Comment

I do. Both matter but great coaching is much more important.

Look at the complete shit job James Franklin is doing at penn state
              Thus far. He is incapable of coaching on the fly. He's a bum. He's a buffoon but getting good talent and nationally ranked classes. Maybe they'll save his ass but I doubt it.

Look at Michigan this year with Jim Khaki. He had them ranked 12th going into today's massacre.

Look at Stanford under him as well.

SC when Spurrier arrived. He turned then from also ran into a legit top 10-15 squad til the end.
              Florida when urban Meyer rolled in. He took great talent and won titles. Granted he got more but he did a lot more with guys there than the bum he replaced.
              Coaching matters. Players know they're their short term. They buy in to good coach.

Edit: another 1: jimbo fisher after they put Bowden out to pasture
              Last edited by Ellsworth; 11-28-2015, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Fair enough. I just think in college you have to wait at least 4 years when most of the team will be that coach's recruits before you pass judgement. Unless you have a guy like Greg Robinson when he was at Cuse where you just know he sucks. I don't think Franklin is that bad.
                Last edited by McCarthy12; 11-28-2015, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Franklin is a great recruiter. He's a mess during a game and especially during a time of crisis. Have a lot of what I consider knowledgeable PSU buddies and they're all concerned with his game day ineptitude and inability to think on his feet.

But, I get what you're saying. There's a fine line for sure. I'll take a great coach over great talent though any day in ncaa ball.

Comment

Jesus Christ

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
                    They lost to Temple for crying out loud. Why would you think they could beat MSU on the Road with no Offensive Line and a bad coach?
                    How have you not had an aneurysm from being so fucking uptight. I knew they weren't going to beat Michigan State, especially not in East Lansing.
                    The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

More Temple hate

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
                      Douche.
                      Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                      May 7, 2010

Comment

Working...
                      X