Chip swallowed his pride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chip swallowed his pride

Cockroach Murray is the worst RB on the team and he's finally treating him as such.

what blows my mind is that chip has shown that he thinks almost any position on offense is interchangeable, yet he throws huge money at an RB(the most easily interchangeable position in sports) that isn't anywhere close to a good fit for his system. this is the closest thing we'll see to a ryan howard deal in the NFL. we'd be better off with chris polk.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
      what blows my mind is that chip has shown that he thinks almost any position on offense is interchangeable, yet he throws huge money at an RB(the most easily interchangeable position in sports) that isn't anywhere close to a good fit for his system. this is the closest thing we'll see to a ryan howard deal in the NFL. we'd be better off with chris polk.
      This was his first season calling the shots at GM with carte-blanche. He thought he had Frank Gore, who would have been a better fit for a lot of reasons. When that fell through, he panicked and threw money at the problem.

As to the original tag-line, the real test is to see whether Chip swallows his pride and cuts Murray in the off-season...because after today's win, I think he'll be here next year, for better or worse.

Comment

i'd like it if you swallowed your pride and stopped posting.

Comment

One of his best plays was a run up the middle, after several attempts at that side-to-side nonsense. After that one run, everything seemed to be going back to the edges. Chip needs to learn to play with his toys better.

Comment

Murray is a good RB...it's not him it's the shotgun every single play. Put the QB under center he's back to himself.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG JAY View Post
              Murray is a good RB...it's not him it's the shotgun every single play. Put the QB under center he's back to himself.
              Every team runs out of the Shotgun on some plays. He sucks.
              "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

I'd like it if you swallowed some of Dr. BIG JAY's magic throat lotion

Comment

I agree somewhat (the shotgun-read-option thing is frustrating), but the problem with Murray isn't the system. Sproles has adapted to it. Mathews has adapted to it. Murray can't seem to make it work. He's a one dimensional guy.
                  Last edited by Susquehanna Birder; 12-07-2015, 11:46 AM.

Comment

I basically agree but when you give somebody $40M, they shouldn't have to adapt to anything. You're basically paying them for what they do well and the sample size of Murray running in a shotgun/read-option offense in Dallas was 0. Put him back in Dallas and he's tearing it up again. Chip the GM made the wrong call and it is what it is.

Comment

I basically agree but when you give somebody $40M, they shouldn't have to adapt to anything. You're basically paying them for what they do well and the sample size of Murray running in a shotgun/read-option offense in Dallas was 0. Put him back in Dallas and he's tearing it up again. Chip the GM made the wrong call and it is what it is.
                      Agreed. The guy didn't become the NFL leading rusher with 1845 yards with the Cowboys for nothing. It is Chump's system that he can't adapt to.

Comment

I basically agree but when you give somebody $40M, they shouldn't have to adapt to anything.
                        Maybe, maybe not. You're paying them to be good at what they do, but you also expect them to do everything, not just a small piece of the job title. Unfortunately Chip and Co. assumed that Murray would be a good fit, and they overpaid for a talented but not very versatile athlete. It's probably not fair pointing fingers at the player or the play calling, but it's certainly fair to say that somebody screwed the pooch when it comes to selecting personnel to fit the system.

Comment

This is just another reason why chip Kelly will never be a successful coach in the pros. Murray didn't win the rushing title last year because he beat defenders to the sidelines. He never will. And the absurd thought that he is no good because he is being paid enough to adjust is like asking Ricarrdo to stop liking cocks. It will not happen. On any other team, Murray is leading the league in rushing again because good coaches no how to utilize talent.

Comment

Should have kept Shady.
                            Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

It isn't necessarily about beating the defense to the sidelines. It's about being able to read the cut up inside and take it, which McCoy can do and Ryan Mathews can do but Murray is really poor at.

Comment

Working...
                              X