• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fraudulent Victory?

Denny Basens pisses all over yesterday's win. I say a victory is a
    victory. Nothing wrong with winning on big defensive and special
    teams plays. Relegating Murray to third string and deactivating
    Austin were big steps in the right direction. We'll see in a couple
    weeks if there really has been a turnaround.

The Eagles won this game on flukey plays from the defense and special teams. They managed to block a punt and run it back for a score in the second quarter. Malcolm Jenkins finally hung onto an interception, and returned it 99 yards for a touchdown. Then Darren Sproles capped it all off with a punt return for a touchdown to give the Eagles a two-score lead in the second half.

Mix in some horrendous coaching decisions from Bill Belichick and some uncharacteristic mistakes from Tom Brady, and you have the perfect formula for a fraudulent upset, which is exactly what this game was.
    http://gcobb.com/2015/12/06/thoughts...es-patriots-2/
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Don't they say "defense wins championships"? We beat a really good team with an MVP quarterback that has had only one loss all season. Fraudulent my ass.

Why is it that no one wants to give credit to the little guy/underdog when a win like yesterday happens? Instead it is, "oh the better team is having an off day." F that noise.

Comment

Fuck that

A win is a win. Defense and ST showed up big time yesterday. Flukey my fuggin' ass. We beat 'em.
      "You on the other hand, describe your shit so many times and revel in how glorious or strange it looks that there is absolutely no doubt you most definitely DO have a shit fetish." - Kelly Green

Jim Lahey is a drunk bastard.

Comment

Winning by capitalizing on all phases of the game isn't a fluke. The guy needs to stop with the self-flagellation.

Comment

Pretty low rung of the internet to be the blogging partner of known Grammer-nazi GCobb.

Comment

Working...
          X