Bradford has actually been pretty good his last 3 starts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bradford has actually been pretty good his last 3 starts

Couple horrible throws here and there, but, overall, he's been solid. At least he's getting better at the right time.

Also, in his defense, and I've only been to one game and don't have Ref's super expando TV, I don't think these receivers are getting open. I can't think of a single completion over 15 yards to anyone other than Ertz in the last however many games. I think it is mostly because our receivers are slow and horrible.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

I saw a stat where he is.....

...averaging more yards per game than at any time in his career. FWTW IDK

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
      Couple horrible throws here and there, but, overall, he's been solid. At least he's getting better at the right time.

Also, in his defense, and I've only been to one game and don't have Ref's super expando TV, I don't think these receivers are getting open. I can't think of a single completion over 15 yards to anyone other than Ertz in the last however many games. I think it is mostly because our receivers are slow and horrible.
      Bradford gets so much flak for doing check-down passes on third and long, but I honestly don't know if he just has poor field vision or if the receivers just can't get open. I'm inclined to think it's the latter, though.

Comment

He's frustrating. He'll make a great throw on one play and then throw a duck a few plays later. I still think he should have tried to play with an injury to his non-throwing shoulder but whatever. Like I said though, I'm really beginning to think a lot of his struggles are on the receivers not getting open. It's been a problem since DJax left.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

I said it before in an earlier thread, no way can you rate Bradford with how poor the receiving core is. He has NO ONE to throw the ball to.

Comment

It is definitely.....

....his receivers not getting open. Definitely. That and of course the shakeup on the offensive line hasn't helped AND Chip Kelly not recognizing that Cockroach Murray sucks and sticking with him irregardless ( I know it's wrong, but I love when people say irregardless).

Comment

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post
              ....his receivers not getting open. Definitely. That and of course the shakeup on the offensive line hasn't helped AND Chip Kelly not recognizing that Cockroach Murray sucks and sticking with him irregardless ( I know it's wrong, but I love when people say irregardless).
              Will be interesting to see how they address the receiving in the off season. Any decent WR FA's this year? I know Alshon is a FA but I have to think CHI will throw a shit-ton of money his way. They need to sign a couple solid receivers. Especially someone who can get open on the outside. Will free things up for Matthews and Ertz in the middle.

Comment

Worse than Pinkston/Thrash and that's not me being hyperbolic.

Comment

USC wide receivers are as big of busts as USC quarterbacks, which the Eagles know something about. Hasn't been a really quality one since Steve Smith, who sadly we know all about, too.

Comment

Not a Bradford fan, but he has been playing better.

He didn't win the game yesterday... defense and STs did.

But at least he didn't lose it.

I agree with TGP that the Eagles receivers suck.
                    --------
                    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Yep. And how about some chumps here's beloved Fooles

"Foles started again because Case Keenum hadn't cleared the concussion protocol earlier in the week, and he was atrocious again, going 15-of-35 for 146 yards with no touchdowns and an interception for a passer rating of 43.3. Not that we should be surprised. Both statistically and from the eye test, the Rams are getting the worst quarterback play in the NFL."

Brutal

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-ram...n-in-rams-loss
                      "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

He may not have "won" the game, but he made a pretty big 3d down late TD throw to Matthews, for the winning margin.
                        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

You like to use irregardless, irregardless of the fact that it's not a word!

Comment

Originally posted by phillyeagles36 View Post
                            I said it before in an earlier thread, no way can you rate Bradford with how poor the receiving core is. He has NO ONE to throw the ball to.
                            It's like it honestly followed him from STL.

I've asked this question before and I'd like an honest answer please, can ANYONE name a worse collective group of receivers ANY #1 overall QB has ever had to throw to since day 1?

I've told the story before but then 92010) Ram GM Billy Devaney says freely NOW that "Sam is a great QB that WE failed but never putting good NFL receivers around.." and he's 100% correct.

Man I was so pumped when I heard he wa straded to the Eagles, only to realize they let the last of their top receivers go (Maclin).

I think J Matthews can be "good" but he has a definite ceiling. This team needs to do what Arians did in Arizona, draft all the speed wr's you can lay your hands on! Those Brown boys and that #14 can flat out fly! Then you have Fitz (aka J Matt) who kills you underneath.

Comment

Originally posted by capitaleagle View Post
                              Bradford gets so much flak for doing check-down passes on third and long, but I honestly don't know if he just has poor field vision or if the receivers just can't get open. I'm inclined to think it's the latter, though.
                              Poor vision???

Did you watch the game yesterday? On the J Matt's TD Ertz is the target but he's covered, Bradford waits for Matthews to come from all the way across the field!

And on the big 3rd & 11 he's looking down the seam for J Mattews but he's doubled then he looks right, and finally all the way back left to Cooper...COOPER, for the biggest play of the game.

Vision is not the problem folks, talent around him is...

Comment

Working...
                              X