• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its clear to me that Lurie has stepped in re: Chip

more vocal in the locker room
    player going to him to discuss playing time/Chip

He's seeing that Chip is deficient and thinking he has to step in
    WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Sounds like a Dan Snyder move.

Comment

Lurie isn't the kind of owner to get involved like this unless he saw the problems with the players and their coach. One source said that Lurie told them to "play angry". It worked Sunday. Doubtful that it solved the underlying problem.

Comment

Do you think it was Jeff's call to cut Austin? I read there was in-house pressure on Kelly to do it.
        Last edited by Maniac; 12-08-2015, 02:58 PM.
        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

this is kind of leading to another topic but i think murray did chip a huge favor in going to lurie. huge conflict of interest between chip the coach and GM in the worst running back on the team getting paid 40 million. murray did the only thing that would drive chip to tell him to go fuck himself - go over his head to ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
            He's seeing that Chip is deficient and thinking he has to step in
            I agree. I initially thought Sunday's win saved Chip's job. When I hear that Lurie addressed the team before the game, that changes things.

Chip goes on the radio and tells the world there is no need to yell at grown men. Then the team loses to 3 bad teams.

Then the owner yells at the team, and they respond by beating one of the best teams in the league. This makes Chip look pretty bad by comparison.

Comment

Lurie supposedly spoke to individual players and has been doing this since jump.

I think I heard Barwin say on the radio yesterday that Chip gave a Knute Rockne level speech at some time in the week before the game that got everyone fired up.

But, I'm thinking there was a second gunman on the grassy knoll, right?
              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I think they won because they weren't always in third and long (which was a direct result of not running halfback dive to the line of scrimmage right and halfback dive to the line of scrimmage left with Murray). Less three and outs made the defense more rested and they got after Brady (who happened to be throwing to orphan children). Sprinkle in some big special teams and they can beat anyone when they play like that.

I hate to say it, because I've been a "take it easy on Murray" kind of guy, but the offense is so much better without him. The offense - especially with the crap at WR - is designed to pick up 3rd and short. Those throws are there all day. 3rd and 10, not so much.
                Last edited by McCarthy12; 12-08-2015, 03:19 PM.
                "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

They did have a totally different body language from the prior three games though.

Comment

Totally. I'm not discounting that aspect, but I think there were a lot of differences on the field as well. I kind of recall Reid being really stubborn until his ass was on the line and then miraculously doing the things we had been calling for for weeks.

I heard what you mentioned earlier, which was that Chip was really vocal before the game. At the end of the day, whatever the reason, that was a team that cared. It wasn't the group of quitters we had seen the last few weeks. I guess sports is weird like that. They gotta win this weekend though.
                    Last edited by McCarthy12; 12-08-2015, 03:31 PM.
                    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Whatever the reason, as long as he adjusts ... I never thought Kelly was a dope and hopefully he's getting religion about what works in the NFL.

EDITED TO ADD: It's a player league ... you have to have guys who make plays at the end of close games, which most of them are.
                      Last edited by slag; 12-08-2015, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                        Lurie supposedly spoke to individual players and has been doing this since jump.

I think I heard Barwin say on the radio yesterday that Chip gave a Knute Rockne level speech at some time in the week before the game that got everyone fired up.

But, I'm thinking there was a second gunman on the grassy knoll, right?
                        The quotes I read from players say that this week was a departure from Lurie's normal approach. Normally he speaks to individual players before games. This week he addressed groups of players in what was described as much more emotionally charged and motivational. Several players said his speeches helped fire up the team.

If you disagree or have disputing facts, that's fine. The snark isn't necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                          Whatever the reason, as long as he adjusts ... I never thought Kelly was a dope and hopefully he's getting religion about what works in the NFL.

EDITED TO ADD: It's a player league ... you have to have guys who make plays at the end of close games, which most of them are.
                          I really think it's the accountability angle. You keep seeing shitheads like Austin and Murray stinking up the field, while guys who actually give a shit are still waiting for a shot and you lose faith in the operation.
                          "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Phoward12 View Post
                            Sounds like a Dan Snyder move.
                            Go lay down on the beltway
                            I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

Bwahahahah!!!
                              Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                              May 7, 2010

Comment

Working...
                              X