this Colangelo thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this Colangelo thing

Smalls like league intervention to me. Heard the press conference on the radio but haven't read anything about it et have been tied up most of today...but it sure looks like a head slap to Hinkie. I will tell you this...I had the opportunity to interview Colangelo several times back in the day...he knows the league operations, and every phase of the game quite intimately. It's got to be a good move for the franchise.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Of course it is.

Comment

gotta rein in the trainwreck

cant see a downside to it.
      May 7, 2010

Comment

I think it was reported that Silver reached out to him about it. Hopefully he guaranteed the first pick.
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

is McMahon running the lottery?

not sure they would make the right pick anyway. Colangelo probably helps in that regard.
          May 7, 2010

Comment

Have you had a chance to watch Ben Simmons? Dude's good. Colangelo will hopefully also help lure good veterans.

Comment

no but I saw his line the other night

40-sonething pts, 16 rebounds and 8 assists...wow.

Watching SMU-Michigan now
              May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                Have you had a chance to watch Ben Simmons? Dude's good. Colangelo will hopefully also help lure good veterans.
                He's certainly part of the legitimacy that Hinke basically destroyed.

Comment

its just brutal to watch

I mean Okufor, potentially the best big man the Sixers have had since Moses, playing his guts out and they are just getting pounded night after night.
                  May 7, 2010

Comment

The story on probasketballtalk.com us that the other owners went to Silver and told him to fix the Sixers. Because they feel like with the team the way it is, theyre getting shorted on revenue money.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                      He's certainly part of the legitimacy that Hinke basically destroyed.
                      Yeah, because the organization was doing so well before he was hired

Comment

Is that how they ran afoul of the league?

There's a lot more to this than we know right now. jerry fucking Colangelo? Unreal. I bet the Okafor stuff played into it too. How do you even get a car up to 108 on the Ben Franklin Bridge?
                        May 7, 2010

Comment

I'd like it more if Colangelo wasn't so old

Does that guy have anything left in the tank? He's like 75, isn't he? I'm thinking he's just coasting and taking these guys to the cleaners. BTW, why THE F*CK is it so hard to assemble FIVE guys for a basketball team??? It's unbelievable to me that the Philadelphia F*cking Seventy Sixers cannot put together FIVE f*cking guys who can win.

Comment

what vets

Originally posted by 06hawkalum View Post
                            Yeah, because the organization was doing so well before he was hired
                            want to sign with a team that intends to lose 65 games?

Comment

There's no doubt that this was a part of it. Hinkie just refused to bring those guys in. Even if they are crappy vets, it's good for young players to have older high character guys in the locker room. That's undeniable and Hinkie still refused to do it. It's one thing to field a bad team, but it's another to make it so blatant that it calls into question the integrity of the franchise (and the league).

The thing is, Hinkie has laid the foundation with draft picks and cap space so Colangelo hopefully can run with it. With Hinkie, I think it was a matter of knowing when to say when and it didn't appear that he knew when to do that and to start building an actual team.

Comment

Working...
                              X