Murray sliding for the first down did it for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murray sliding for the first down did it for me

Once you have teammates bitching, justifiably, about that it's pretty much over.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
    Once you have teammates bitching, justifiably, about that it's pretty much over.
    And that was the supposed reason they brought him in -- he's not afraid of contact. That was knock on McCoy, right, that he was more interested in making people miss than hitting them head on. And the slide by Murray was particularly egregious, but he seems to run out of bounds rather than hit people all the time.

Comment

'roaches don't slide

They crawl.

Comment

This one does

Slides on his filthy roach legs
        May 7, 2010

Comment

Free agency is not a panacea for drafting poorly

It's the way to get an unmotivated guy who values money more than the game.

Comment

Or for giving away All Pros

For nothing.
            May 7, 2010

Comment

You got a gimp linebacker out of it

What do you want? Everything?

Listen, Lesean McCoy was and is a POS. Everyone knows it. Just look at how he has reacted to it all.

Comment

Disagree or are you being sarcastic

What about Jackson, Mathis, Maclin et al?
                May 7, 2010

Comment

I have no problem with them dumping McCoy

People forget how he was tip-toeing through the tulips at the line of scrimmage. He may have been tanking to prove a point. Everyone forgets that one season where Desean Jackson was mailing it the f*ck in. Now Maclin and Mathis I have a problem with.

Comment

his last 2 runs vs the Pats were in 4th quarter and both of them he went out of bounds. He never went back into the game.
                    WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

I have a buddy who is a Cowboys fan and before the season started he told me that if Murray is in the middle of the field he'll always look for contact, but if he is near the sidelines he will always go out of bounds. Seems like a pretty accurate assessment. Dude just isn't getting it done. If Sproles can pick up 4 yards running between the tackles then Roach Murray should be able to as well. No excuses.
                      Last edited by McCarthy12; 12-09-2015, 01:09 PM.
                      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

What's so infuriating is he seems to blame Chip for his own inadequacies rather than look in the mirror.

This team has been very frustrating, but for the most part it's full of players that are willing to take responsibility and hold themselves accountable. The two big-ticket free agents, Murray and Maxwell, seem to be the opposite. I wonder if that's what's contributing to the lack of team cohesion.

Maxwell I can tolerate because we don't have any alternative. Murray just needs to go.

Comment

Right. I keep saying it, but if you are getting 1 yard a carry and then Sproles and Barner (the 4th string running back!) are getting 4 yards a carry 5 minutes later against the same defense, then you're the problem. It's not rocket surgery.

I haven't read/heard much about Maxwell running his mouth.
                          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

He hasn't to the same extent. I'm just referring to the way he describes his own play. Even when he was struggling the most, he never really seemed frustrated with himself. Even made a comment about how growing up in the racist south made him used to being unfairly criticized.

It wouldn't be a huge deal if he weren't the highest paid defensive player. But if you're the other CB busting your ass and making about a quarter of what Maxwell's making, it can't help team chemistry to see him not take responsibility when he sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                              Right. I keep saying it, but if you are getting 1 yard a carry and then Sproles and Barner (the 4th string running back!) are getting 4 yards a carry 5 minutes later against the same defense, then you're the problem. It's not rocket surgery.

Unfortunately, we have a coach that's too dumb to notice that every other RBs in this team are outperforming Murray. Or he realized it but too stubborn to bench Murray. Either way, he's killing this team knowingly and that should get him fired.

Comment

Working...
                              X