The ineptitude of these receivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ineptitude of these receivers

Guys who were at the game, correct me if I'm wrong, but I read this morning that the Bills played with no safety help for much of the game. Basically Rex saying he thinks our receivers aren't good enough to beat single coverage over the top. He was pretty much correct. There was the one ball to Agholor. There was a deep ball to some guy I've never heard of that was overthrown, probably because Bradford thought the receiver was fast.

Seemed like they were trying to go over the top more often than in any previous game this season that I can recall. Obviously they were trying to take advantage of what Rex was doing. But they couldn't - and that is extremely troubling.

I'd be interested to see what Bradford could do with a real receiver that can stretch the field. Not 100 million dollars interested, though.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

In order for a receiver to go "over-the-top," as it were

He needs TIME to run down the FIELD and the quarterback needs TIME to let him RUN down the field. As a direct result of our SH*T offensive line, neither player has EITHER! The ONE time where Bradford BOUGHT HIMSELF time, we get Agholor getting a deep ball. Some of it is dogsh*t playcalling with jacked off screens being run when everyone KNOWS a jacked off screen is COMING. Don't get me started on those geigh little button-hooks receivers are doing after they receive a 4 yard pass and they end up losing 2. You KNOW they're being COACHED to do that geighness.

Comment

It was a little of both, Bradeford didn't have a lot of time rexy liked to blitz a lot AND the receivers just suck, they can't get open and when they do they usually drop the ball. The birds should have had 10 more points eay if they hold onto the ball.
      On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Originally posted by CbEagle View Post
        It was a little of both, Bradeford didn't have a lot of time rexy liked to blitz a lot AND the receivers just suck, they can't get open and when they do they usually drop the ball. The birds should have had 10 more points eay if they hold onto the ball.
        The drops are insane. Bradford's getting the ball where it needs to be and these guys can't reel it in.

Comment

What troubles me is that besides the injury history, the issues he had in St. Louis also looked like his receivers were dropping so many "good" passes. Perhaps (and hopefully) it's just a coincidence.

Comment

It's a little bit of all of it

-not enough time to get deep
            -not enough speed to get deep
            -not physical enough to create separation
            -playcalling has no deep
            -receivers have hands of stone
            -being blitzed

Comment

I was encouraged that they at least were attempting to go deep yesterday. I feel like there have been entire games where a no balls have been thrown over 20 yards.

Comment

We all know how hard it is to find good receivers

Just look at the long list of bums we had during the FF area. God, there was a time when we were THRILLED to have Donte Stallworth. What does THAT tell you?

Comment

Do you think they "attempted" to go deep on the Agholor TD?

That sh*t was all sandlot.

Comment

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post
                    Just look at the long list of bums we had during the FF area. God, there was a time when we were THRILLED to have Donte Stallworth. What does THAT tell you?
                    Offensive line starters and depth are no. 1 priority for the team this offseason, but playmaking WR has to be near the top, too. Alshon Jeffery's probably going to be a FA...

Comment

I mean, I think that was the route. Do you think he just adjusted? Either way, good job by Samantha stepping up and keeping his eyes down field and good job by Agholor actually catching the ball.

After the game, Didinger was saying he thinks Agholor is capable of stretching the field. I haven't really seen it but, then again, he's been hurt a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post
                        And the time when we had a good WR with speed, we cut him loose for nothing in return! DJ!

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                          What troubles me is that besides the injury history, the issues he had in St. Louis also looked like his receivers were dropping so many "good" passes. Perhaps (and hopefully) it's just a coincidence.
                          I've answered this before but the receivers in Philly are actually worse than the scrubs he played with for parts of 5 years in STL.

When they finally got Tavon Sam played with him a few games then got hurt.

I like J Matthews as a slot/possession guy but this team is woefully short on explosive receivers, let a lone ones who can catch a football.

Comment

Working...
                          X