It's a two team race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a two team race

Some of you may have already figured this out, but the division is basically going to be decided Week 16 when the Skins and Eagles play. The Cowboys are all but mathematically eliminated, and even if the Giants win tonight, a lot would need to go right because of tiebreakers for them to have a shot.

Interestingly enough, if you assume the Giants will lose to the Panthers (I know, I know, never assume), then nothing the Skins or Eagles do this week matters, except in overall record. Due to the way certain tiebreaks have shaken out, Washington can't catch Philly in some areas, and the game against the Cardinals, for tiebreak purposes, is one of Philly's most meaningless games of the year.

I can elaborate if anyone is interested, let me know. If I only get told to report to the wall, I'll let it drop.

No need to explain further. We'll just beat your ass and win the division. Thanks, though.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

So the Eagles win the division if they beat Washington, even if they lose the other two games?
      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
        So the Eagles win the division if they beat Washington, even if they lose the other two games?
        Philly would have all potential tiebreaks in its favor with a win week 16. The only way you wouldn't go (compared to us) would be if you lost to the Cards and Giants and we beat the Bills and Cowboys. Otherwise, you'd have us cold.

It would be slightly different with the Giants, but because they already have three division losses and have lost to you guys straight up, they would have to win against you head to head, count on you losing to us, and also take a game off the Panthers/Vikings. It's doable, but they have the toughest road of the three teams.
        Last edited by Phoward12; 12-14-2015, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Where? I only see one team and a bush league bunch Landover asshole.

Originally posted by Phoward12 View Post
          Some of you may have already figured this out, but the division is basically going to be decided Week 16 when the Skins and Eagles play. The Cowboys are all but mathematically eliminated, and even if the Giants win tonight, a lot would need to go right because of tiebreakers for them to have a shot.

Interestingly enough, if you assume the Giants will lose to the Panthers (I know, I know, never assume), then nothing the Skins or Eagles do this week matters, except in overall record. Due to the way certain tiebreaks have shaken out, Washington can't catch Philly in some areas, and the game against the Cardinals, for tiebreak purposes, is one of Philly's most meaningless games of the year.

I can elaborate if anyone is interested, let me know. If I only get told to report to the wall, I'll let it drop.
          "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Working...
          X