Pete Rose denied reinstatement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pete Rose denied reinstatement

Meanwhile, be sure to play DraftKings, the official fantasy gambling site of Major League Baseball.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Originally posted by slag View Post
    Meanwhile, be sure to play DraftKings, the official fantasy gambling site of Major League Baseball.

Yep, just depends who's pocket is getting filled as to whether it's right or wrong.

Comment

My opinion is in line with New York's Attorney General on fantasy sports ... but, as you write, money talks when it comes to the leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
        Lifetime ban (THAT PETE ROSE AGREED TO) Means lifetime ban, why don't people get this?

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMIN EAGLE View Post
          Lifetime ban (THAT PETE ROSE AGREED TO) Means lifetime ban, why don't people get this?
          Question: Does "lifetime ban" mean he could get into the HOF posthumously?
          --------
          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
            I see what you did there. If the baseball HOF wanted to they could put him in the hall tomorrow since they are its own entity. They obviously would never do that though.

Comment

I do not agree with this

not one bit,,,guy deserves to be in the hall, hands down.
              OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
              "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMIN EAGLE View Post
                I see what you did there. If the baseball HOF wanted to they could put him in the hall tomorrow since they are its own entity. They obviously would never do that though.
                My question was sincere. I didn't think the HOF was separate from MLB.
                --------
                "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

He's a Hall of Fame player, yes...

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
                  not one bit,,,guy deserves to be in the hall, hands down.
                  But he doesn't belong in the HOF

Comment

My question was sincere. I didn't think the HOF was separate from MLB.
                    Yep, i saw a story a few years ago when they were doing a piece about Rose in the HOF and that's when i learned that they have no affiliation with MLB.
                    Last edited by SCREAMIN EAGLE; 12-14-2015, 03:20 PM.

Comment

that's exactly what is going on

The whole concept, especially with Slag's point, is silly. Fortunately, few, probably including Rose, lose sleep over it.

Comment

Nope. Cheating scumbag. Bet on his own team while managing.
                        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

If it's such a fucking lifetime ban, why did they reconsider?

And that's a rhetorical question ... don't bother to answer.

Additionally, in spite of Rose being "my asshole" in 1980, I don't really give a fuck either way, I'm commenting on the hypocrisy of MLB.

Comment

Jesus...we're going to agree. Better let Shoeless Joe in as well if Pete gets in.
                            John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                              Jesus...we're going to agree. Better let Shoeless Joe in as well if Pete gets in.
                              A first for everything

Comment

Working...
                              X