I'm with 2-gap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm with 2-gap

Never saw any of the original Star Wars flicks. I have seen a couple Star Treks and they were OK, especially the one with Riccardo Montelbon (sp?)

I just cant believe all the hype over a re-hash of a 40-year old franchise but whatever makes people happy I'm in favor of.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

You need to be criticized for this position

In a very subtle way.

Comment

The only one I saw in the theaters

Was 1983/84 - took my nephew when I was living in Chi-town. Even then it was geigh!
      "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

I hear you

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post
        In a very subtle way.
        I praised Creed, another 40-year re-hash.
        Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
        May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
          Never saw any of the original Star Wars flicks. I have seen a couple Star Treks and they were OK, especially the one with Riccardo Montelbon (sp?)

I just cant believe all the hype over a re-hash of a 40-year old franchise but whatever makes people happy I'm in favor of.
          I was subjected to the original yesterday. I can't say I "watched" it, but I did see a good bit of it. It looked like a big, glossy, plastic toy.

I can sort of understand the allure it had at the time. Movies were really dark and cynical up to that point in the 70s. "Star Wars" was a radical departure from that, and audiences responded to it big time.

I prefer the darker, cynical stuff personally. One of my all time favorite films (William Friedkin's "Sorcerer", which was financed by two studios and had double the budget of "Star Wars") opened the same week as "Star Wars", and was utterly destroyed by it. It was such a cataclysmic bomb, and "Star Wars" was such a massive hit, that weekend in July of 1977 completely changed the way movies were made and ended the New Hollywood era of director-driven filmmaking forever.

Since that was my favorite era, I have a little bit of a grudge against "Star Wars". But there's no denying its impact on movies and American culture in general. The only debate is whether or not it was for the better.

Comment

I've worked with this guy for ten years

Originally posted by Irish George View Post

Great guy, good friend, trust him completely in every way. But... He hasn't seen any Star Wars movies. He hasn't seen any Godfather movies. No Indiana Jones movies. He hasn't seen Citizen Kane. From Here to Eternity. Seems like every day we try him on a new classic, and he comes up empty. It's stunning, really.
            DB

Comment

Haven't been in a movie theater in 35+ years, last one was probably Jaws as a kid

I've never seen any of the TV talked about here - breaking bad, zombies, sopranos, game of thrones, etc. and I have no clue how people find the time for it. Haven't seen squat - but I did read the reviews on Igglephans :D

I put Citizen Kane on my list for the Holidays, thx dimbulb

Comment

My father is very proud of the fact that the last movie he saw in the theater was Saturday Night Fever.
                "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

wow do you live in a shack in the wilderness?

Make any bombs recently?

Comment

Did he see Rocky?

nm

Comment

Oh look! It's C3P'mo!

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
                        Make any bombs recently?
                        Still working on my manifesto...