Lurie needs to pull rank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lurie needs to pull rank

and strip Chip of GM duties. Just have him coach the team. I think he's a great coach, but his talent evaluation is suspect at best. I think he's going to run this team completely into the ground if he's allowed to keep making personnel decisions. Jeffy needs to draw a line in the sand : Give up GM duties, or we're going to start looking for a new coach.
    The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Lurie is soft

Howie got a raise for being demoted

Comment

I like Chip the coach

Originally posted by wynnron123 View Post
      Howie got a raise for being demoted
      Chip the GM can kick rocks, but Jeffy is the only one that can make that happen.
      The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

so, Chip the GM needs to go but Coach Chip is a "great coach"??? My God. That's just scary..

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
          and strip Chip of GM duties. Just have him coach the team. I think he's a great coach, but his talent evaluation is suspect at best. I think he's going to run this team completely into the ground if he's allowed to keep making personnel decisions. Jeffy needs to draw a line in the sand : Give up GM duties, or we're going to start looking for a new coach.
          I am sorry but I am just not seeing the great coach thing. Exactly how is he a great coach? His team has declined every year so far and his offense has taken a nose dive for 3 straight years. This tempo offense just keeps the defense on the field at record pace.

Comment

Originally posted by joe9518 View Post
            I am sorry but I am just not seeing the great coach thing. Exactly how is he a great coach? His team has declined every year so far and his offense has taken a nose dive for 3 straight years. This tempo offense just keeps the defense on the field at record pace.
            That's only because Chip the GM sucked and didn't provide Chip the coach with the right personnel.
            YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

His teams haven't declined every year

10-6 in each of your first two seasons with a division title doesn't exactly spell decline. I think he's a great coach when it comes to the X's and O's and devising great game plans. The issue arises when he also had the extra responsibility of being the GM as well. Think Mike Holmgren when he got to Seattle. As long as he was coach and GM, the Seahawks were mediocre, but as soon as he have up GM duties and went back to just being the coach, Seattle went to the Super Bowl. The Eagles would be wise to get an actual GM in here and just let Chip coach.
              Last edited by Eagle In Ohio; 12-21-2015, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Why do NFL teams give coaches GM duties in the first place? You never see this in Major League Baseball.

Comment

I respectfully disagree

Chip the GM can kick rocks, but Jeffy is the only one that can make that happen.

"Well, you know with Philly, whatever they run in the first 15 plays, they are kind of going to keep running those same plays," Arizona cornerback Patrick Peterson said. "Out of those first 15 plays, when the game actually settles down, then we can scan and look at the formation and [know] what they are going to do."

Inexcusable. To say nothing of the bend and break defense.
                  @
                  DB

Comment

You're right. In MLB they hire broadcasters to manage their team.
                    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Lurie rarely gets involved like that though. That's better than the Jerruh method, but I don't think you can have your cake and eat it too with Chip. He's either commanding the ship or getting shipped out.

Comment

10-6 in each of your first two seasons with a division title doesn't exactly spell decline. I think he's a great coach when it comes to the X's and O's and devising great game plans. The issue arises when he also had the extra responsibility of being the GM as well. Think Mike Holmgren when he got to Seattle. As long as he was coach and GM, the Seahawks were mediocre, but as soon as he have up GM duties and went back to just being the coach, Seattle went to the Super Bowl. The Eagles would be wise to get an actual GM in here and just let Chip coach.
                        Seriously? You are comparing Chip to Mike Holmgren? Holmgren won a Super Bowl. What the hell has Chip done in the NFL?
                        And yes they have declined, from division winners and playoffs to a bad team this year. his offensive playbook looks like a McDonald's dollar menu. That's why we keep hearing the same stuff from opponent players about knowing what they are running before the ball is snapped. Hell, I can see what is coming and I am a dumb fuck.
                        Last edited by joe9518; 12-22-2015, 07:33 AM.

Comment

I don't think he is a great coach. The other teams know the plays. His offense is simplistic. Now, I don't think he's a bad coach. I would be opposed to firing him if there was a competent GM in place. But I don't think his skill level warrants total control and I'm not sure you can separate out his responsibilities. It's all or nothing and if they don't win the division, I've seen enough at this point to be in the "nothing" camp.

If they do win the division, you can't fire the guy. Two division titles in three years. But his poor talent evaluation will ultimately overshadow his coaching ability so I think this is a team on the decline. Obviously I want them to make the playoffs but I'm no longer going to entertain the possibility of a playoff victory - I don't think they can compete against good teams.
                          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

No. I'm not comparing Kelly and Holmgren

Originally posted by joe9518 View Post
                            Seriously? You are comparing Chip to Mike Holmgren? Holmgren won a Super Bowl. What the hell has Chip done in the NFL?
                            And yes they have declined, from division winners and playoffs to a bad team this year. his offensive playbook looks like a McDonald's dollar menu. That's why we keep hearing the same stuff from opponent players about knowing what they are running before the ball is snapped. Hell, I can see what is coming and I am a dumb fuck.
                            You really are dumb if that's what you think. However, the situations are similar. Holmgren and his SB ring came to Green Bay as the savior of the franchise, and while he had dual duties, Seattle was an average team. It wasn't until he decided to just coach the team and give up GM duties that the Seahawks flourished and went to the Super Bowl. Just like in Green Bay, when he had Ron Wolf making the personnel decisions, and all he had to worry about was coaching.

Comment

I mean, he didn't just forget how to coach overnight

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                              I don't think he is a great coach. The other teams know the plays. His offense is simplistic. Now, I don't think he's a bad coach. I would be opposed to firing him if there was a competent GM in place. But I don't think his skill level warrants total control and I'm not sure you can separate out his responsibilities. It's all or nothing and if they don't win the division, I've seen enough at this point to be in the "nothing" camp.

If they do win the division, you can't fire the guy. Two division titles in three years. But his poor talent evaluation will ultimately overshadow his coaching ability so I think this is a team on the decline. Obviously I want them to make the playoffs but I'm no longer going to entertain the possibility of a playoff victory - I don't think they can compete against good teams.
                              I think he grossly underrated the need for players like D-Jax, Shady, Maclin, and Evan Mathis, and overrated guys like Maxwell and Jordan Matthews.
                              Last edited by Eagle In Ohio; 12-22-2015, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X