If I'm Lurie this am

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I'm Lurie this am

What am I thinking as I sit at brunch sipping my special decaf late with nutmeg and cocoa powder (for its heart health benefits) while my Asian catalogue wife idly thumbs through the Mercedes S class brochure, loudly chattering with her friend on the phone about the relative merits of different color seat leather?

One possibility: What is it that is a positive sign for the team? The fact is, we beat New England and our special teams were consistently good. Bradford has improved over the year and our RB situation has some possibilities. So, Jeffie thinks, I'll keep Chip another year because of these positive signs.

Another possibility: Damn, our OL is bad and we've clearly regressed on defense. We've given away our second rounder next year for a QB who has pretty clearly given signs that he won't be here next year. The coach seems to be over his head, moreso than even FF. And the GM is worse than the coach. Something's got to change. Maybe I'll insist that he gets a new defensive coordinator.

So either way Jeff keeps Winnie. I don't think he'll even strip Chip of GM duties.
    DB

I'd be surprised if he's thinking anything beyond your first paragraph...
    Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

Bwahahahahaha

Comment

what special teams were you watching?

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
        What am I thinking as I sit at brunch sipping my special decaf late with nutmeg and cocoa powder (for its heart health benefits) while my Asian catalogue wife idly thumbs through the Mercedes S class brochure, loudly chattering with her friend on the phone about the relative merits of different color seat leather?

One possibility: What is it that is a positive sign for the team? The fact is, we beat New England and our special teams were consistently good. Bradford has improved over the year and our RB situation has some possibilities. So, Jeffie thinks, I'll keep Chip another year because of these positive signs.

Another possibility: Damn, our OL is bad and we've clearly regressed on defense. We've given away our second rounder next year for a QB who has pretty clearly given signs that he won't be here next year. The coach seems to be over his head, moreso than even FF. And the GM is worse than the coach. Something's got to change. Maybe I'll insist that he gets a new defensive coordinator.

So either way Jeff keeps Winnie. I don't think he'll even strip Chip of GM duties.
        Consistently good? and when they were bad, they were horrendous. Cost us a couple games.
        Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
        May 7, 2010

Comment

as a unit

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
          Consistently good? and when they were bad, they were horrendous. Cost us a couple games.
          I think it was the most consistent part of the team. Yes there were certainly breakdowns as there are with most teams. However, if you had to ran the three phases of the game, they would clearly be at the top. I'm willing to bet my own Asian wife catalogue on it.
          DB

Comment

Tallest midget in the circus

best of a sorry lot is way different than your original statement. It was not just breakdowns here or there. They were anything but consistently good. Thye were good at times, TERRIBLE at other times.
            Last edited by Irish George; 12-27-2015, 01:08 PM.
            May 7, 2010

Comment

The whole premise of the post

best of a sorry lot is way different than your original statement. It was not just breakdowns here or there. They were anything but consistently good. Thye were good at times, TERRIBLE at other times.
              was "if I'm Jeff Lurie this am." This is how Jeff is looking at it. Get it? I'm channeling. He is looking for silver linings as someone else posted.
              DB

Comment

of course I get it.....

....does not change the fact you're way wrong about special teams. Cover it up all you want. they sucked at times. REALLY SUCKED. End of story. There arent to many positive aspects to this team, and I would not put ST as one of them.
                May 7, 2010

Comment

I respectfully disagree

....does not change the fact you're way wrong about special teams. Cover it up all you want. they sucked at times. REALLY SUCKED. End of story. There arent to many positive aspects to this team, and I would not put ST as one of them.
                  Emit your annoyance elsewhere.

FG team is average. Kickoff returns and coverage in the 20ish range. But punt returns and coverage are in the top two of the league. And this stat: https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/sta...downs-per-game
                  If you don't think Lurie looks at these stats and sees the glass half full you don't know Jeffie.
                  Last edited by Dim Bulb; 12-27-2015, 02:07 PM. Reason: Statistics
                  DB

Comment

they have a borderline great punter

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
                    Emit your annoyance elsewhere.

FG team is average. Kickoff returns and coverage in the 20ish range. But punt returns and coverage are in tp two of the league. And this stat: https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/sta...downs-per-game
                    If you don't think Lurie looks at these stats and sees the glass half full you don't know Jeffie.
                    a shit placekicker responsible for at least one loss, a "hands" team with bricks for hands , Sproules, who has been good, and you admit yourself kickoff returns and coverage suck. Like I said...uneven. Certainly not dependable. Horrible at times. Anything but "consistently good." Magnified by the fact they were excellent last year.
                    May 7, 2010

Comment

Working...
                    X