I Think Chip Is Going To Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Think Chip Is Going To Go

I know Lurie historically likes to give one more chance to coaches but this one is different from the other 2. Reid built a legacy here and was the most winningest coach in Eagles history and Rhodes was his first hire.

Lurie cannot go status quo. The players are already quitting and his arrogance is really bad. Any move he makes to strip of GM may bruise his ego. Plus the college factor.

Maybe I'm wrong but I think next Sunday is Chip's last game.

I think he stays but is stripped of GM duties. If he wont be stripped of GM, then he is out
    WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Hope so. But I doubt it.

Comment

His ego would never allow that so I hope like hell Lurie demands he do that or walk. And I hope he walks.

And I'm not a proponent for change just for the hell of it. But leaving him here another year is just putting off the inevitable in 2016. If there's a guy you like now go hire him. NFL prints money. Lurie can afford to can his ass
        Last edited by Ellsworth; 12-27-2015, 01:20 PM.

Comment

I expect Chip the coach and GM to still be here and they bring in a bum like Jerry Colangelo as a 'Chairman of Football Operations' to 'assist' him.

Comment

There is precedent for demotion

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
            His ego would never allow that so I hope like hell Lurie demands he do that or walk. And I hope he walks.

And I'm not a proponent for change just for the hell of it. But leaving him here another year is just putting off the inevitable in 2016. If there's a guy you like now go hire him. NFL prints money. Lurie can afford to can his ass
            ....just ask Howie....but in this case I think it will be all or nothing with Davis being the sacrifice.
            "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
              I think he stays but is stripped of GM duties. If he wont be stripped of GM, then he is out
              Chip is either gone or stays in his current status as GM and coach. Lurie is not going to do something that basically says: "you have lessened the quality of the roster so no more GM. But we want you to stay and coach this untalented group that will never win anything."

Comment

No way

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
                Lurie doesn't have the balls to make that big of a move without giving Chip a big raise or new title or something. No balls.
                DB

Comment

Working...
                X