The way I see it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The way I see it

If you went into this season thinking Chip was a fraud, you can bitch about Chip.

If you went into this season all in on Chip, you can bitch about Chip.

I'm not interested in board schisms. We all bleed green. And we will all be bleeding green when Chip is in Austin, collecting his severance from Lurie and trying to forget the bad dream that the NFL was.
    Last edited by RSE; 12-27-2015, 03:40 PM.

Some people sit back and wait to drop a ITYS. Notice the amount of Ref and Snakebitten replies today.
    500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
      Some people sit back and wait to drop a ITYS. Notice the amount of Ref and Snakebitten replies today.
      On the other hand a lot of people came down HARD on anybody who dared to doubt the wisdom of Chip Kelly after the preseason championship.

What is worse, a pre-emptive false claim of victory or an ITYS after the fact? To me they are pretty much the same.

I'm with RSE and say let bygones be bygones. It's the holiday season. It's no time to hold grudges. All Igglephans are pissed off at Chip Kelly right now.
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

This.
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

...as long as we are airing grievances

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
          On the other hand a lot of people came down HARD on anybody who dared to doubt the wisdom of Chip Kelly after the preseason championship.

What is worse, a pre-emptive false claim of victory or an ITYS after the fact? To me they are pretty much the same.

I'm with RSE and say let bygones be bygones. It's the holiday season. It's no time to hold grudges. All Igglephans are pissed off at Chip Kelly right now.
          some other people ripping those who were all in on Chip and they were themselves all in on Chip. Not sure what category that fits in.
          Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
          May 7, 2010

Comment

There was only one person who called this CHIP debacle from the Get go. CCPETE. Now , I need a train to fit everyone on the bandwagon.

Comment

Good question

I think it started with the usual posters contemplating suicide after the first loss of the season. That's worse than the pre-emptive false claim of victory after the first win.

But again, its the ebb and flow of this bored. Its too bad that a lot of this stuff gets taken personal and I'm assuming some friendships have ended. I know many don't like me and my posting style, but there are maybe only three people on this site I wouldn't sit down and enjoy beer and wings with.
              500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

STFU

Originally posted by CCPete View Post
                There was only one person who called this CHIP debacle from the Get go. CCPETE. Now , I need a train to fit everyone on the bandwagon.
                stay out of my threads
                Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                May 7, 2010

Comment

There has been and will always be a division between the old school charter members and the newer breed of posters. An unspoken rule is that the newer breed can not speak out against the charter members aka "call them out". So if a newer breed poster like 91D calls out a charter member even a chump like Anthony, shit hits the fan, even though Ant needs his ass handed to him.

Comment

There has been and will always be a division between the old school charter members and the newer breed of posters. An unspoken rule is that the newer breed can not speak out against the charter members aka "call them out". So if a newer breed poster like 91D calls out a charter member even a chump like Anthony, shit hits the fan, even though Ant needs his ass handed to him.
                    I disagree. We have had waves of newer posters join the board without these sort of conflicts. See BigSlizz, Diggle, DLeff, Trogdor, etc. Those guys really kept the board going strong.
                    --------

Comment

I respect that, but there is a division.

Comment

91EaglesD is not the hill you want to die on.

P.S. I got no beef with you.
                        Last edited by RSE; 12-27-2015, 04:24 PM.

Comment

I respect that, but there is a division.
                          Problem is we haven't had a new wave of posters like that recently.

I don't think there is as much of a division as you think. Maybe it appears that way online. It's nothing like the douchebagnacht days.

I think everybody is just pissed off at the Eagles right now.
                          --------

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                            91EaglesD is not the hill you want to die on.
                            lol

Comment

Problem is we haven't had a new wave of posters like that recently.

I don't think there is as much of a division as you think. Maybe it appears that way online. It's nothing like the douchebagnacht days.

I think everybody is just pissed off at the Eagles right now.
                              I agree to this. A lot of off the board commentary
                              I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

Working...
                              X