Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slag View Post
    You think Peters had a good year?
    He had a bad year, numerous sacks and pressures, several wiffs all together. Looked like a guy near the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Speed_Kills View Post
      He had a bad year, numerous sacks and pressures, several wiffs all together. Looked like a guy near the end.
      Anyone's blocking would be uninspired with such a shit QB to protect

Comment

bad year. but he started off as a kelly guy. i think he pretty much said they didn't want mathis if mathis didn't want to be there, and that he wasn't sure if he'd even start over allen barbre. the fact that he went from that to pulling himself from the game tells me something. chip lost even his biggest supporters.

Comment

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
          Anonymous sources saying he removed himself so he didnt get hurt in a meaningless game.

I dont blame him.
          I have no problem with it either, the guy is just looking out for his future, he has played hurt all season and they make a big deal over a game which they were blown out of.

Comment

No. I'd approach a restructure but I wouldn't cut him if he isnt willing. Gotta try 1 more year to see if he was just beat up too much this year
            I'd also take into account that both guard spots have to be upgraded.

I'd stick with Peters. It's easier to find OG's (in both the draft and FA) than a quality OLT, even if Peters has lost a step.

Comment

Excuse Me?

The man is being paid what any one of us would consider to be three or four king's ransoms, nobody is forcing him to play what the universe knows is a violent sport -- if the story is correct he takes himself out of the game because he doesn't want to get an ouchy and you guys are giving him a PASS?

Sad. Very sad -- YOU, and him.
              Last edited by Kelly Green; 12-28-2015, 11:34 AM.
              "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post
                The man is being paid what any one of us would consider to be three or four king's ransoms, nobody is forcing him to play what the universe knows is a violent sport -- if the story is correct he takes himself out of the game because he doesn't want to get an ouchy and you guys are giving him a PASS?

Sad. Very sad -- YOU, and him.
                Obviously this board is a group of jock sniffers to give Peters a pass. How do you think a guy like Demeco Ryans feels when he guts it out and comes back after 2 Achilles tears, is clearly at the end of his career and he sees a HOF player like Peters just flat out quit on his team and the city. F him. If it's true and Peters took himself out of the game he should be cut immediately. I don't care what the guy has done in the past. It's that type of loser mentality that will keep the Lomabardi trophy out of Philadelphia.

Comment

No. I'd approach a restructure but I wouldn't cut him if he isnt willing. Gotta try 1 more year to see if he was just beat up too much this year
                  Originally posted by 4dabirds75 View Post
                  I'd also take into account that both guard spots have to be upgraded.

I'd stick with Peters. It's easier to find OG's (in both the draft and FA) than a quality OLT, even if Peters has lost a step.
                  The answer is to move Peters to Guard. We need a new tackle - Peters just doesn't have the feel for an LT anymore, but is still a very good player. And, as Diggle suggests, that's how you restructure. With the horrible line play, I'm not sure how you cut them. Then again, with our receivers, I wasn't sure how you cut Djax or let Maclin walk.

Comment

Yeah you're right KG

Peters has been dogshit all year. He's either a quitter or pretty much done.

If he was a Chump guy, these guys would be all over him as just another shit player Chump brought in.
                    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

You're out of touch
                      WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Enough already on Peters

You're out of touch
                        Anyone questioning his manhood or ability should go back and watch the Pats game tape. On the play where Bumford completed the clock killer pass to KKKooper watch Peters, all 3 hundred whatever pounds of him, lunging and I mean all out diving block to prevent Ninkovich from ringing up Sammy.

Get over yourselves.

And wasn't the anonymous source Burger King, or is he just shit stirring as usual with half assed info.
                        Last edited by nor'easter; 12-28-2015, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Wasn't he part of the allegation that players were faking or over exaggerating injuries to avoid having to go back on the field?

Comment

It would be one thing if Peters was healthy and thought he had hurt something and took himself out. That's not the case. The guy has been playing hurt all year. Maybe he just got to a point where he didn't think he could continue in a meaningful way. That's way different than just checking yourself out because you don't feel like risking anything. He's been risking his health the entire season.

And yeah, him getting a piece of Ninkovick pretty much saved that game. Let's not forget the foreskins game last year either. Questioning his heart is silly, IMO.
                            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

He's been playing hurt all year! His back has been a mess for weeks. He's nearing the end of the line so it's fair to question his skills at this point - but his heart? Eh.
                              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

This

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
                                We have idiots on this board who smear Peters. Imagine being an Eagles fan and focusing your anger towards Jason Peters.
                                Anyone smearing or blaming Jason Peters should be permanently banned from the board.
                                The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X