Jason Peters smear campaign has begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Objection Is About The "Meaningless Game"

Do you REALLY want to allow the players to decide when and if they're going to play?

The team has trainers who report to doctors who have hospitals and all sorts of medical facilities at their disposal. If the guys with the medical degrees say, "He sits," no problem.

If Peters decides he doesn't want to play in a "meaningless game", then you have the inmates running the asylum!
    "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

Sounds Like A Good Name For A Song

nm
      "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

*ding ding ding*

John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

wow one great play

And that negates the 50 times defenders blew by him and Bumford was hurried, hit or sacked?
          "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Thats the key. Restructure his contract. He moves to guard. He has already said he would like to finish his career there
            WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
              Thats the key. Restructure his contract. He moves to guard. He has already said he would like to finish his career there
              It's a no brainer. Throwing good players away over pissing contests has been a proven disaster. Time to learn from those mistakes and try a different approach. This is a perfect opportunity.

Comment

Unfortunately, Kelly's comments yesterday don't indicate that he has any intention of looking in the mirror.
                "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

You may be right ... and if he stubbornly insists in failing to see that his attempt at "culture" resulted in a collection of dick-stepping losers who found new and inventive ways to fuck up week after week, he's not going to ever unfuck it.
                  Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I've never really bought into the "Chip doesn't care about winning because he has a college job waiting for him" thing - I think he has a huge ego and a lot of pride and wants to win as badly as anyone. However, I think his experience/success at Oregon just doesn't translate elsewhere. He thought he could do the exact same things and achieve the exact same results and he was wrong.

So, either he has to change or he needs to find another job where his "way" works. As I said in RSE's thread, I don't think his "way" is going to work at major college programs (upper tier SEC, Texas, USC, etc.). The pressure and media scrutiny at those places is no different (maybe greater?) than in Philly. He doesn't want that and I don't think he can handle it.

Kind of a random thing that just occurred to me - I'm not sure how much he cared about "culture" at Oregon given that he reinstated Legarrate Blount back on the team after he knocked that Boise State player out in their opener that year. Whatever.

Comment

When a team beats itself repeatedly, like the Eagles are doing, something is wrong at the top.

I'm somewhat confused because I don't know how they played like they did in NE and then played like they did Saturday.

But whether its a lack of sufficient emphasis on defense, a mistake in approaching NFL players like college players, or the league has figured his offense out, if his huge ego (as you put it) can't see it and adjust, he's fucked and so are we.
                      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I think it is everything you mentioned. I do think replacing Davis could pay immediate dividends. The talent has actually probably gotten better over the three years, but his incompetence overshadows that.

Comment

When Davis was hired

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                          I think it is everything you mentioned. I do think replacing Davis could pay immediate dividends. The talent has actually probably gotten better over the three years, but his incompetence overshadows that.
                          I believe quite a few igglephans mentioned how much he sucked but each time he left the defense jumped to the upper echelons.

Comment

I seem to recall that as well. We can hope...

Comment

Working...
                            X