Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally watched the 1st Star Wars (or IV as it were)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally watched the 1st Star Wars (or IV as it were)

Kind of geigh. Seems like something that would be good for little kids. The scene in that bar with all of these aliens drinking and smoking shit was pretty funny. As I suspected, it had that old James Bond movie feel with random henchmen turning old knobs and dials. I'll stick with it and see where it goes. Maybe I'll even get a Darth Vadar head mailbox or something.

We saw the new one over the weekend. I'm not a big Star Wars guy, but I have to say, I thought it was fantastic. Probably my favorite of the seven so far. It was funny, but not cheesy (like Episodes 1 and 2, which, IMO, are horrific - at least Episode 1 was). Very entertaining.

I would watch Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi and then see the new one. Maybe watch Episode 3, which was pretty good, but you really only need 4, 5 and 6 to get the basics for 7. 7 is a legitimately good movie.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I'm hardly a Star Wars junkie, but it's kind of hard to look at it from a 1977 filter in 2015.

The next one (Empire Strikes Back) is pretty much the consensus view as the best of those three.
      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I saw the first one @ 13 and thought it was silly then.

Comment

Yeah it's a ridiculous series

Each movie got worse and more absurd.

Unlike THE GREAT Rocky series where each movie got better and more believable
          "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

You were right by referring it as the '1st Star Wars'. It's plot was the first movie with better visual effects and a bigger Death Star. Just like Chip, Disney will run this franchise to the ground.

Comment

SUSP.
              -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Not sure I understand what you're saying

I saw Star Wars IV: The New Hope or the one that was released first.

Comment

You're not a big Star Wars guy, but....

...you saw all 7 movies???? I'd like to know what a big Star Wars guy is then. Is it someone who watches those Lego Star Wars things? What I will say about this IV movie is, I never really developed any kind of hatred for the villian, Darth Vadar. I know he's the bad guy, but I really could care less. I also could care less about this rebellion that is going on. No one seems opressed or anything. IDK that's just me.

Comment

I'm saying the new Star Wars had the same plot as the first one. It almost felt like a reboot.

Comment

Haha I mean, I've seen 4, 5 and 6 over time on television and I saw the first three in the theater when they came out. But I don't consider myself a huge Star Wars fan. I understand the plot, but a lot of the details are probably lost on me. I find them entertaining.

A co-worker of mine told me about a friend of hers who took off work on opening day and saw it in the theater 3 TIMES. That's a big Star Wars fan, I guess.

Comment

This is true. I still thought it was great, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post
                          Kind of geigh. Seems like something that would be good for little kids. The scene in that bar with all of these aliens drinking and smoking shit was pretty funny. As I suspected, it had that old James Bond movie feel with random henchmen turning old knobs and dials. I'll stick with it and see where it goes. Maybe I'll even get a Darth Vadar head mailbox or something.
                          Who shot first?
                          --
                          Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                            We saw the new one over the weekend. I'm not a big Star Wars guy, but I have to say, I thought it was fantastic. Probably my favorite of the seven so far. It was funny, but not cheesy (like Episodes 1 and 2, which, IMO, are horrific - at least Episode 1 was). Very entertaining.

I would watch Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi and then see the new one. Maybe watch Episode 3, which was pretty good, but you really only need 4, 5 and 6 to get the basics for 7. 7 is a legitimately good movie.
                            I thought it was really cheesy but still good. Maybe I just forget how cheesy they others are they played up the the connections to old characters a little too much.

I'd say it was much better than the I-III (really going out on a limb there) and on par with IV.

I do think they set it up so that VIII and IX could be pretty good. The Rey/Kylo conflict will hopefully grow and I like Fin although his cheese needs to be dialed down a notch.
                            --
                            Your Retarded

Comment

Fastest movie to a bil ever ... Disney sure fucked up.
                              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Working...
                              X