Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally watched the 1st Star Wars (or IV as it were)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah Fin had some cheese, but I thought it was fine. A few times funny. I guess Jar Jar Binks sets the bar for unbearable cheese, and I didn't think anything in this one came near that. 4-6 have scattered comedic moments so I didn't see this one as being much different than that. Snakebitten is right that the plot mirrors 4 but that didn't bother me at all. I thought it was entertaining.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Who says Disney fucked up?

Comment

Saw it yesterday and I'm a big fan. Have about 50 novels
        Unfortunately Disney didn't stay with the plot of the books. Adding characters and killing off characters that are still alive in the books.
        500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

How would you rate it in comparison with 4-6?
          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
            Unfortunately Disney didn't stay with the plot of the books. Adding characters and killing off characters that are still alive in the books.
            I read something that they seemed to include aspects from the Expanded Universe but changed them or condensed them down a bit.
            --
            Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
              Also, speaking of the Expanded Universe, I think some of the video games add really good story concepts. The Old Republic games and Jedi Knight series had enjoyable stories that would make for good movies - especially if they did more with the Old Republic.
              --
              Your Retarded

Comment

Han Solo did of course.

Comment

You posted they'll run the "franchise" into the ground like Kelly and they won the Super Bowl in their first year of the revival.
                  Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Shouldn't you be spending your time...

shaving the beard hair from your chin as an homage to the Great Lemmy?

Honor his passing.

Or are you just a poseur metal fan?
                    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

I was never a motorhead fan

Slayer is another one I never got into
                      "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Wow

Lemmy is and always will be god.

The rest of them should kiss his rigor mortised dick.
                        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

We view victories differently. You view the money they will make as the 'Super Bowl'. I'm talking about just the quality of those movies. That is the same philosophy Lurie has. As long as he keeps selling tickets and watches his asset increase in value, who cares about the product he puts on the field? Two more Star Wars movies will be coming out over the next year and a half. Including spin-offs, I think it's going to be six movies in six years total. They will run it into the ground....and make billions doing it.

Comment

Empire Strikes Back is the best

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                            How would you rate it in comparison with 4-6?
                            I think it was a close with 4 and 6. Probably better because of the advancement of special effects.
                            500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

I use to not read the novels unless it included the core characters, but I've read and own about 90% of all the books written including the e-book only versions. The other 10% are the ones based off the video games. I'm sure I'll get to them soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X