Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lurie must have presented an ultimatum

Give up GM or you're fired.

Kelly's enormous ego probably couldn't take it. He'll probably take a year off and be back in college the season after. I don't see him coming back to the NFL for a long while if ever.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

how could he give that ultimatum

after Chip professed NOT to be the GM? I will stop beating that dead horse now, but I think Chip backed Lurie into a corner. Remember when Buddy called Brama "the guy in France?" You just dont do shit like that to the guy who signs your checks.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
      after Chip professed NOT to be the GM? I will stop beating that dead horse now, but I think Chip backed Lurie into a corner. Remember when Buddy called Brama "the guy in France?" You just dont do shit like that to the guy who signs your checks.
      I think we describing the same thing in two different ways.
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Maybe Lurie gave him the ultimatum before the presser and Chip decided to air it out.
        --
        Your Retarded

Comment

Maybe right after the game Lurie told Chip that he was no longer the GM (before the press conference). And Chip WAS sending a big "fuck you" to Jeff.
          500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

got me by two minutes
            500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
              got me by two minutes
              I'm a Chip Shipper - all about the fast paced posting.
              --
              Your Retarded

Comment

That's what I'm saying. There is much more to this.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                  Give up GM or you're fired.

Kelly's enormous ego probably couldn't take it. He'll probably take a year off and be back in college the season after. I don't see him coming back to the NFL for a long while if ever.
                  Kelly was correct. The Eagles didn't have a GM.

http://www.phillyvoice.com/chip-kell...neral-manager/
                  Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Ok

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                    I think we describing the same thing in two different ways.
                    youre probably right. I can see it going down that way. Lurie told him and Chip made the comment basically daring him to fire him. Makes sense.
                    May 7, 2010

Comment

HAH! I did want it to work out

I liked Chip because it wasn't the same old NFL bullshit. Early on, it was great. Who can forget his first game? Unfortunately when it unraveled it did so at Chip-speed.
                      May 7, 2010

Comment

makes sense

I can see it going down that way.
                        May 7, 2010

Comment

Haha the chip wreck sunk at chip speed

I liked Chip because it wasn't the same old NFL bullshit. Early on, it was great. Who can forget his first game? Unfortunately when it unraveled it did so at Chip-speed.
                          NM
                          "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

No doubt. I'm sure Lurie said something like 'Remember when you said you're not the GM...'.

Comment

That made me laugh.
                              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Working...
                              X