Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's gotta be humiliating being fired the week before the last game of the season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's gotta be humiliating being fired the week before the last game of the season.

Normally this late in the season most NFL teams would wait until after the final game to do the firing

That tells me Kelly was an assh*le to Lurie (and maybe others in the organization) and enough was enough.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

That's a good point.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

100% agree. That was a "pack your shit and get the fuck out" by Lurie. We weren't heading to the post season.

It was 100% for the fans.
      500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
        Normally this late in the season most NFL teams would wait until after the final game to do the firing

That tells me Kelly was an assh*le to Lurie (and maybe others in the organization) and enough was enough.
        Assuming he stripped him of duties, once he knew Kelly wasn't going to play along I think Lurie would know that the best way to salvage some support from his fanbase would be to drop him ASAP.
        --
        Your Retarded

Comment

No doubt.
          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

got to agree....Lurie is not a heavy handed owner...

...and has been very patient,things must have becomes VERY tense/ ugly.
            "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
              Assuming he stripped him of duties, once he knew Kelly wasn't going to play along I think Lurie would know that the best way to salvage some support from his fanbase would be to drop him ASAP.
              The Eagle fanbase is unquestioned. This had to be blatant insubordination.
              Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

and walk him to the door

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
                100% agree. That was a "pack your shit and get the fuck out" by Lurie. We weren't heading to the post season.

It was 100% for the fans.
                "We'll box up your stuff, hand over your keys."
                Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                May 7, 2010

Comment

Working...
                X