X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was this guy a fly on the wall?

From bleedinggreennation.com...

Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports has even more details on Kelly's downfall:

So what else went wrong? Well, Kelly was losing people throughout the building, sources said, even outside of football operations. His autocratic tendencies got the best of him. His allies were few and far between. The idea that DeMarco Murray somehow led this charge is preposterous, I'm told, but in fact Lurie had begun having serious reservations a few weeks ago, when he began reaching out to confidants about how to proceed and began doing research on the pool of potential candidates elsewhere. He started to doubt whether Kelly The Innovative Coach was quite smart enough to overcome Kelly The Personnel Demagogue. Everything having to be Kelly's way -- moving events around to fit his schedule, things having to accommodate him -- grew troublesome.

Lurie didn't go into his meeting with Kelly with the intention of firing him, I'm told. More, it was to take his temperature and continue to feel him out and gather information that would lead to his ultimate decision on what to do with his organization in 2016. Obviously, things went sideways and what Kelly had to say didn't mesh with the owner's vision, and Lurie became convinced that for as radical as a Week 17 firing might be perceived, it was time to do it. The fact that Kelly didn't seem inclined to scratch and claw to remain in his perch, sources said, did him no favors as well.

that article is what i'd expect from a foreskinner

Comment

It maybe be all bullshit...but it still seems plausible.

Comment

There's an interesting story in nj.com from Eckel. According to the Eagles sources he talked to, "Roseman's fingerprints are all over these firings". Apparently Roseman had his people poisoning the well against Marynewitz. When Lurie met with Kelly, he wanted him to make changes both on the field and in the front office and Kelly refused.

Comment

Yet according to Sal Pal

The decision to shit-can Kelly was made in the morning, there were some "awkward moments" throughout the day, and Chip was informed in the late afternoon. If so, there was no in-meeting moment of truth between the owner and the head coach.

Comment

Was the straw that broke the camel's back when Kelly refused to return the stapler?
            Last edited by slag; 12-30-2015, 09:37 AM.
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
              The decision to shit-can Kelly was made in the morning, there were some "awkward moments" throughout the day, and Chip was informed in the late afternoon. If so, there was no in-meeting moment of truth between the owner and the head coach.
              Sal Pal is the last guy I would believe. He just makes shit up.

Lurie would have waited until next Monday if there hadn't been some sort of confrontation yesterday.
              Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Jeff said in his news conference that the decision was already made.
                John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

I picture something like this going down

"I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Howie is like...

John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Lurie himself said the decision was made before the meeting

Comment

Working...
                      X