I wouldn't freak out about Howie just yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wouldn't freak out about Howie just yet

sure, I believe he helped grease the skids on yesterday's decision, but I cannot see this guy coming back as GM or the top advisor for personnel.

For one thing, the new coach may insist on not having to answer to Howie. For another thing Howie;s unceremoneous demotion last year is still on everyone's mind. No amount of Chipsmear can change the fact that Lurie banished the guy. Why not just bring back Banner if Lurie is willing to take that kind of hit?

I think Lurie picked up some points with many fans for having the nuts to make this move and he's not going to want to un-do it by giving Howie the top personnel role. I agree with Loki that Howie is here to stay but not in a position of influence on trades, draft, etc.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

I'm not sure Lurie thinks (or, perhaps more importantly, cares) that he's un-doing points with the fans by keeping Howlo.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I prescribe to Two Gaps theory re: Lurie and Howie
      "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

How-lo and Lurie might as well be Siamese Twins. We are stuck with Howie forever.

Like your tramp stamp tattoo.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
          I'm not sure Lurie thinks (or, perhaps more importantly, cares) that he's un-doing points with the fans by keeping Howlo.
          Kill all the lawyers first.
          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Lurie's calculated use of the term "collaborative" means

...Howie will have some influence.

Comment

you could have said the same about Banner

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
              How-lo and Lurie might as well be Siamese Twins. We are stuck with Howie forever.

Like your tramp stamp tattoo.
              Jeffy's best friend since they were 14. Lurie had no problems dumping his ass. Lurie had no problem shoving Howie to the NovaCare complex mail room. Does not know the meaning of the word loyalty.

As for tatts. I have none. My Dad, despite being a Marine in World War II had none.

My Pop-Pop had enough for the both of us.

May 7, 2010

Comment

Holy shit! Badass pic man! That's fantastic.

He looks like he could have invented the Triple Lindy at the Jersey Shore Pier!

Comment

You're close

Circus sideshow freak turned Philly hotel and saloon owner
                  May 7, 2010

Comment

Respect to Pop-Pop

nm
                    The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

"input"

but you guys keep discounting the fact that Lurie already tossed Banner and Howie aside like last week's garbage. Do you really think the guy places the same value in his opinion?
                      May 7, 2010

Comment

The Eagles can always hire a "real" football guy. You know. Like Matt Millen.

Comment

Working...
                        X