Think college football has figured out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think college football has figured out

that they've overextended their fucking bowl games yet?

It's pretty bad when as big a football fan as I am surfs to ESPN because I want to see if they're still breaking down the Kelly firing and gets pissed because there is some horseshit bowl game between Texas A&M and Louisville on instead.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

You're a 'Cuse guy right? This game verse Pitt at nine will be torture. They might get 20 offensive rebounds verse syracuse

Comment

Come on, man

Originally posted by slag View Post

It's pretty bad when as big a football fan as I am surfs to ESPN because I want to see if they're still breaking down the Kelly firing and gets pissed because there is some horseshit bowl game between Texas A&M and Louisville on instead.
      You REALLY have a problem with the Belk Bowl between NC State and Miss. St ? What's wrong with you ??????
      The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

overextended everything

They have an overextended regular season now. All teams are playing at least 12 games. With the conference championship game, a bowl game and possibly one more, some teams are playing 14-15 games per season. More games means more revenue, but it also means that the regular season and bowl season almost overlap. Bowl games meant more coverage for a program while also getting in extra reps, but 1 more week of reps doesn't matter as much.

You're right that there are too many bowls. It is something like nearly 40 bowl games. With teams playing 12 games, bowl eligibility happens with winning 6 games. But there are now so many bowls, that two 5-7 teams were invited to bowl games. Nebraska and Kansas State went to bowls due to an exception since they were the best teams at 5-7 using the academic progress rate.

Originally posted by slag View Post

Comment

3 games matter. The 2 today and the NC after that.

The rest are glorified exhibitions. Unwatchable product.

Comment

The Beach Bowl in Miami should've sealed the fate.

I mean they are literally playing in Marlins Stadium is front of 10,000

Comment

Working...
            X