RUBE: Hugh Jackson top of the list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RUBE: Hugh Jackson top of the list

Rueben Frank just said Hugh Jackson is at the top of the list. Man I hope he is really wrong, they make that hire it could get worse.

Why would Hue Jackson be a bad hire? I think he should be in their top 3 easily. He has all of the things you'd typically look for.

Comment

thedonggobbler

Comment

Originally posted by thegodfather View Post
        Rueben Frank just said Hugh Jackson is at the top of the list. Man I hope he is really wrong, they make that hire it could get worse.
        Please elaborate as to why a guy who has done an outstanding job in Cincy would be a poor choice.

Comment

Not sure what you see about Jackson that you think would make him not a good candidate? Every offense the guy has ran has been successful. Most impressive is as a head coach he went 8-8 with the Raiders, which isn't easy to do. Only reason he was let go is because new ownership cleaned house. I think he's one of the better choices.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
            Please elaborate as to why a guy who has done an outstanding job in Cincy would be a poor choice.
            Well he had a job in Oakland and stunk, ok it's Oakland, but these guys have one or two good years and everybody is on their jock, some guys are just good coordinators and not good head coaches. Wade Phillips is one that comes to mind.

Comment

He went 8-8 in Oakland

With a completely awful roster, in a season in which the owner of the team died. Seriously?! Do you watch football? Who do you want to be the next head coach of the Philadelphia Eagles?

Comment

"Stunk" with an 8-8 record in a horrible situation. I disagree.

Comment

The more I read about the various options out there the more I think Hue Jackson may be the best choice. Not just based on the success he has had as a coordinator, but going 8-8 with that awful Raiders organization is like going 12-4 for a normal franchise. Remember that was especially the case when Al Davis was still running the show. I think he would quickly repair whatever damage exists with the coach/player communication as well.

I personally really want someone who has been a HC before. If Chuck Pagano or Sean Payton get fired you'd have to strongly consider one of those guys as well. Though if Pagano has issues with Grigson and the Indy owner he may be hesitant to join this front office.

Comment

Hue Jackson a bad choice ??

That roster he had in Oakland when he was coach was TERRIBLE, and at the time, Oakland was more dysfunctional than the Browns, yet he still had moderate success. have you watched the Bengals this year ? You know at the bare minumum, he's gonna use DeRoacho the way that he's supposed to be used. What about Hue Jackson would be bad ?
                    The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by HowBoutAShave View Post
                      With a completely awful roster, in a season in which the owner of the team died. Seriously?! Do you watch football? Who do you want to be the next head coach of the Philadelphia Eagles?
                      No I don't watch football, your a moron. I have been involved with and been watching over 40 years. I like Sean Payton, Sean McDermott, Jon Gruden, John Harbaugh (who may be fired).. So you would rather have Hugh instead of one of them. Now who does not know football..

Comment

Given the charges of racism

They better give serious consideration to a minority hire.

Comment

Why do you insist on calling him 'Hugh'? You spell Gruden's and Harbaugh's first name correctly but you can't seem to get it right for 'Hugh'? Very Tom Retarded.
                          Last edited by Snakebitten; 01-01-2016, 01:28 PM.

Comment

I think they will

Originally posted by 1960 View Post
                            They better give serious consideration to a minority hire.
                            But ultimately, just hire the right guy, regardless of color.
                            The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                              Why do you insist on calling him 'Hugh'? You spell Gruden's and Harbaugh's first name correctly but you can't seem to get it right for 'Hugh'? Very Tom Retarded.
                              Sorry mister perfect, did not know I was the only one who makes mistakes in spelling, you might want to read some other posts.

Comment

Working...
                              X