Dave Fipp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Fipp

Keep that guy around if possible. Great STs coach in an otherwise bad coaching staff.
    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Plus he looks like a serial killer and never blinks. Lets keep him on our good side

Comment

Comment

I said days ago I would take him as HC, I don't care that he is just an ST coach, his unit is the ONLY one that was ready to play balls out every week.

If fact, how bad would the iggs record be right now if you take away the points that the ST unit put on the board?

Besides, with what JL is paying CK to go away, and paying the roach and Maxwell with Cox contract coming up can he afford to pay big money to a HC?

I don't care if he doesn't know shit about O or D that's what you have assistant coaches for, I'm tired of seeing good coaches go elsewhere and win SB's namely Gruden, Harbaugh, Payton (yes I know he was suspended, but it was his guys/system) and very possibly Rivera(sp).
        Last edited by Eagle Road; 01-01-2016, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Paying players has no bearing on paying a new coach. Owners expect to pay close to the salary cap anyway.
          "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
            Paying players has no bearing on paying a new coach. Owners expect to pay close to the salary cap anyway.

I realize that Mel, I wasn't speaking in cap terms as much as "business" dollars and sense terms and ROI. I just think it would be a hell of a lot smoother transition to promote from within, and HC are just like draft pics, there are NO guarantee's.

All you have to do is look at Johnson and Parcells, never did shit after being paid huge money after leaving New York and Dallas. You could probably throw Dungy and Holmgrun in that mix as well along with a list of others.

Comment

Working...
            X