Opie on 97.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opie on 97.5

Sounds like he's been paying attention...

“Oh yeah, I mean, we love it here, living in Carolina it’s been great being here five years. But yeah, we’re always interested,” he said. “I love the Philadelphia area and quite honestly it’s been tough to watch the last several years, having grown up in the area and worked there for 12 years. The fan base, I know it’s important to them; they’re genuine, they’re dedicated and they’re real. And the facilities up there are second to none. I’d love to see the Eagles recapture the magic so to speak.”

"Probably the biggest thing is from a leadership standpoint," he said. "The game is not all about x's and o's. It's bigger than that. It's leadership and it's about people. We're not in the business of making doorknobs. We're in the business of people. You've gotta connect with people and in particular, the modern athlete. There are different things that you've gotta do as a coach these days and a teacher to relate to the modern athlete, and I think we do that well here. And then just communicating the vision."

"For myself, being young -- or young in this business at 41 -- but having 17 years in the league, I'm young enough where I can connect with the modern athlete and these young guys, and I kind of act once in a while like I actually listen to their music and they get a big kick out of that and everything, so that's fun. It's fun to be around these guys, they love just seeing your true personality. It's one thing to be one guy behind your desk in your office with your door closed but they want to see who you really are, who you are with your children and your family and then come game time that you're going to be at their side with them and trying to work through those adverse times, and really celebrate the wins and then correct -- within the context of the vision -- the losses."
    http://975thefanatic.com/2016/01/05/...-morning-show/

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/20...1F8j5XHEcQ6.99
    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Sounds like he wants to come back. Philly guy. Players would probably like playing for him (seems to have the exact opposite personality of Kelly).

I think he was put in a tough position his first go around here. Those were toxic years. But now he has learned from two very good defensive coaches. JB says he is hands on down there. I think I'd be willing to give him a shot.

But are they even interviewing him?
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I would support a ginger move to hc and then keep shumur as oc.
      On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Yeah me too.
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by CbEagle View Post
          I would support a ginger move to hc and then keep shumur as oc.
          Yeah, try to keep Duce, Fipp and Undlin.
          "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
            Sounds like he wants to come back. Philly guy. Players would probably like playing for him (seems to have the exact opposite personality of Kelly).

I think he was put in a tough position his first go around here. Those were toxic years. But now he has learned from two very good defensive coaches. JB says he is hands on down there. I think I'd be willing to give him a shot.

But are they even interviewing him?
            Per someone on Twatter, they have this coming Sunday and Monday yet to interview assistants on teams with first round byes. I guess we'll see. I assume they'll bring him in. I think their opportunity to interview Jackson has passed until after the Bungles are eliminated.

Comment

Here's the word from the crack staff at nj.com:

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2...re_a_head.html

Comment

Who is Opie?

Are you talking about Jon Gruden?

Comment

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post
                  Opie = Ginger = Sean McDermott

Comment

Gruden would be Chuckie. Maybe you should just go back to your Bachelor episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post
                      Ron Howard.

Comment

Maybe you should....

...do something other than monitoring this board and responding to my posts.

Comment

I've flip flopped on McDermott in the last week. Looking back on his time here the talent was lacking, veteran leaders from years past(Dawk, Trotter, Vincent) were gone and he was being held to Jim Johnson standards as well.

Opie makes sense on many levels, and I would prefer a coach that will emphasize defense.

Comment

True...but I've gotta do SOMETHING while I masturbate.

Comment

That might be an unappealing option

At least according to this:

http://nypost.com/2016/01/04/ben-is-...bachelor-ever/
                              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Working...
                              X