Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Report: Gase offered job by Eagles per WIP guy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report: Gase offered job by Eagles per WIP guy?

Darren DeGaetano
    ‏@DarrenDegaetano
    Now told as much that the #Eagles have officially offered Adam Gase the job and that he is discussing with his family. Solid source I trust.
    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
    Darren DeGaetano
    ‏@DarrenDegaetano
    Now told as much that the #Eagles have officially offered Adam Gase the job and that he is discussing with his family. Solid source I trust.
    http://mobile.philly.com/beta?wss=/p...s&id=364383011
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

He's doubled and tripled down on the statement too. Also claims he "knows [Geighse'] family" and this opening is a "dream opportunity for him."
      Last edited by Chupacabra; 01-07-2016, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Darren DeGaetano
        ‏@DarrenDegaetano

Good. Maybe he'll lure Alshon here with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
          Good. Maybe he'll lure Alshon here with him.
          More and more I read about Gase, the more impressed I am. Peyton Manning says hes the smartest guy hes ever been around. Saban swears by him. All the chicago players said he was incredible. In addition, supposedly he is an incredible WR coach as well as obviously being great with QBs. Maybe he can bring Vic Fangio with him as the DC. Would be wishful thinking

Comment

Darren DeGaetano
            ‏@DarrenDegaetano
            So he is a Philly guy who knows the tradition and what this means to us the fans ??? That is what Lurie wanted.

Comment

I suspected that he was scheduling visits to other teams to gather options, but that Lurie's Boyz made him an offer when he was here.

Comment

The Eagles are the sucker at the strip club who shows up night after night and gives all of his money to Fantasia and her double D's bc he's convinced she's in love with him.

Then he's left broke and divorced and Fantasia moves in with her Coke dealer

Comment

Admittedly knew nothing about the guy, but he sounds like the anti-Kelly at least as far as personality goes. Players all seem to love him, and, more importantly, get better working with him. Manning says he's the smartest guy he's been around blah blah blah. I'm trying not to fall hook line and sinker for Kelly 2.0, but everything I am reading is positive.

I had posted yesterday that, apparently, wide receivers also love working with him. Maybe he can teach Knucklehead Matthews how to catch. Or, maybe Alshon comes over? I don't know. They could hire Belicheat and I wouldn't be overly optimistic.
                  Last edited by McCarthy12; 01-07-2016, 10:21 AM.
                  "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I'm OK with Gase or Hue Jackson. I'm just glad they seem to be decisive about who they want instead of meandering around while other teams hire the best coaches.
                    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

No one has agreed to take the job yet.

Comment

Originally posted by j1mmy View Post
                        No one has agreed to take the job yet.
                        No one said they did.

Comment

I don't either. I just have no confidence in Roseman and Lurie to make the right call.

None.

Zilch.

Nada.

Zip.

Comment

Apparently Gase is right up Roseman's alley because he didn't play college ball so he's not a "conventional" coach. That said, just looking at him I see a difference: Gase looks like he can get along with pro athletes; Howie looks like he gets beaten up by pro athletes.
                            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I heard the guy who broke this on cataldi's show this AM. I wasn't convinced at all that thisnisnimminent. Mostly I felt he doesn't really have a fucking clue that this is definite And I bet gase's team is using him as leverage for higher offers.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Geighse goes to Miami and they don't let him out of their office until he signs a deal. You have to ducking CLOSE if you want a guy, Howie. SIGN ON THE LINE THAT IS DOTTED.

Go watch Glenn Gary for fuck's sake.
                              Last edited by Ellsworth; 01-07-2016, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X