No announcement yet.

I think I prefer Shurmur more than anyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I have to choose, I go with Shurmur. I think he's ready for another HC job. Players like him. Sam maybe stays. Not a Giant.
    Last edited by McCarthy12; 01-11-2016, 07:08 PM.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Too early to tell. All the good coaches are still in the playoffs. I want Patricia. Is up until 4 AM every night just watching tape. Knows the game well. The Eagles desperately need a DC or a HC that knows what the fuck they are doing on defense. That's the side of the ball that they have more talent on. I wouldn't mind the DC from Arizona or Teryl Austin. But I want Patricia.

Comment

Originally posted by phillyeagles36 View Post
        Too early to tell. All the good coaches are still in the playoffs. I want Patricia. Is up until 4 AM every night just watching tape. Knows the game well. The Eagles desperately need a DC or a HC that knows what the fuck they are doing on defense. That's the side of the ball that they have more talent on. I wouldn't mind the DC from Arizona or Teryl Austin. But I want Patricia.
        It's all about who you know. No one from NE ever seems to build a decent staff.
        "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by phillyeagles36 View Post
          Just die. This thread was intelligent until your stupid ass chimed in.

Shurmur is a break even as long as addition by subtraction followed by addition happens at DC.
          I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

Disagree

Originally posted by JB View Post
            Billy Davis out of here...IMO from the eye test we couldn't stop anybody...offense would have to outscore people but our defense was brutal and pathetic
            Billy D just needs a few more seasons to really work his magic

Comment

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
              I'm pretty underwhelmed with all of the choices, but I think Shurmur might be our best bet. They could promote Duce to OC and hopefully bring in a good DC (maybe Pettine). Pederson is basically a glorified QB coach in KC and their offense hasn't been good. I don't think Coughlin is a fit at this point.
              Agreed. I'm ready for some peace, love and understanding in between the FO and the coaching staff. Duce would be fine as OC with Shurmur in charge. The right DC is the key.
              Last edited by Maniac; 01-11-2016, 08:29 PM.
              Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

I would be OK with this as well

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
                I'm pretty underwhelmed with all of the choices, but I think Shurmur might be our best bet. They could promote Duce to OC and hopefully bring in a good DC (maybe Pettine). Pederson is basically a glorified QB coach in KC and their offense hasn't been good. I don't think Coughlin is a fit at this point.
                Dave Weinberg of the AC Press made a good case for naming Shurmur HC and keeping Bradford. Dont feel like looking it up and posting the link.
                Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                May 7, 2010

Comment

Agreed for all the reasons mentioned above. Based on the dreck they've interviewed, Shurmur is probably the best option. I'm still hoping they'll bring in a coordinator or two from a team that was actually...you know...successful this year. And no, Pederson doesn't cover that as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Get along with Howie?
                    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                      Dave Weinberg of the AC Press made a good case for naming Shurmur HC and keeping Bradford. Dont feel like looking it up and posting the link.
                      http://m.pressofatlanticcity.com/spo....html?mode=jqm

Comment

Correct, he has a way of dumbing down even the worst threads.
                        On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Good points. I would much prefer Shurmur to Pederson. If this whole thing ends with Pederson as HC and Shurmur and Bradford both gone, I think it will be bad news. I guess I could live with Pederson as HC, Shurmur as OC and Bradford. Hopefully Duce is in the mix in some capacity. I'd like to see him grow into a potential HC candidate down the road. If he is ever going to be a HC, it should be here.

Comment

I was thinking it is possible Pederson gets the job keeps Shurmer and you get both. It's not like Shurmer is up for any other job right now.

Comment

Yeah, I think that is a possibility. I could live with it. Maybe Peterson proves me wrong. Who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
                                It's all about who you know. No one from NE ever seems to build a decent staff.
                                Houston in serious exception that proves the rule territory.

Comment

Working...
                                X