5 Players Who Could Be Cut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 Players Who Could Be Cut

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — While we’re all fixated — and understandably so — on the Philadelphia Eagles’ search for a new head coach, the team will have a lot of key personnel decisions to make this offseason.

In his first year with personnel control, Chip Kelly certainly made his fair-share of mistakes. His biggest mistakes came in overpaying for new players (DeMarco Murray, Byron Maxwell). However, when it came to getting rid of declining players that have had previous success in Philly (Trent Cole and Todd Herremans), Kelly did a decent job.

With Kelly out, Howie Roseman (gulp) will oversee these crucial decisions.

Here are the five big-name Eagles’ players, who are under contract, that Roseman will have to take a long, hard look.

5. Brent Celek

Contract: 1 year remaining (UFA in 2017)

2016 cap hit: $5M

Dead money if cut: $0

Money saved if cut: $5M

Chance he’s cut: 90%

4. DeMeco Ryans

2016 cap hit: $4.5M

Dead money if cut: $1M

Money saved if cut: $3.5M

Chance he’s cut: 80%

3. Jason Peters

Contract: 3 years remaining (UFA in 2019)

2016 cap hit: $9,237,500

Dead money if cut: $3M

Money saved if cut: $6,237,500

Chance he’s cut: 65%

2. Riley Cooper

Contract: 3 years remaining (UFA in 2019)

2016 cap hit: $5.3M

Dead money if cut: $2.4M

Money saved if cut: $2.9M

Chance he’s cut: 55%

1. Darren Sproles

2016 cap hit: $4.5M

Dead money if cut: $1M

Money saved if cut: $3.5M

Chance he’s cut: 45%

Personally, I want Peters and Sproles back.

Comment

I like Celek, but his contribution has diminished, and he's not quite worth his cost. With a no-cap-hit cut, I guess it's time to send him on his way.

Ryans - I'm thinking that he still has some value, especially if they stick with the base 3-4 defense.

Peters needs to be restructured and moved to guard, so that they can draft a younger, long term LT replacement. He knows this in inevitable, so just get it done.

Sproles needs to stay. He's been one of the bright spots that is still well worth his cost.

Forget Cooper. I was willing to give him another year, but he pretty much disappeared this year. This waste of a roster spot would be well filled with a fast, young WR who can keep opposing DBs on their heels.

Comment

stop posting

we can all cut and paste...seriously you bring nothing to the table.
        Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
        May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
          I like Celek, but his contribution has diminished, and he's not quite worth his cost. With a no-cap-hit cut, I guess it's time to send him on his way.

Ryans - I'm thinking that he still has some value, especially if they stick with the base 3-4 defense.

Peters needs to be restructured and moved to guard, so that they can draft a younger, long term LT replacement. He knows this in inevitable, so just get it done.

Sproles needs to stay. He's been one of the bright spots that is still well worth his cost.

Forget Cooper. I was willing to give him another year, but he pretty much disappeared this year. This waste of a roster spot would be well filled with a fast, young WR who can keep opposing DBs on their heels.
          DeMeco was pretty bad this year even in run support. He's finished. With 2 inside linebackers who are better and one who has the potential to be better I don't know if he's worth the cost even in a 3-4.

This defense could take the next step if they switch to a 4-3 IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
            we can all cut and paste...seriously you bring nothing to the table.
            STFU and go away

Comment

Originally posted by ishimonster View Post
              DeMeco was pretty bad this year even in run support. He's finished. With 2 inside linebackers who are better and one who has the potential to be better I don't know if he's worth the cost even in a 3-4.

This defense could take the next step if they switch to a 4-3 IMO.
              I would like to see Peters and Celek back but restructure and NO way they let go of Sproles.

Comment

You have a much better chance at seeing the door then IG, pal!

P.S. you do bring absolutely zero to the table, fuckin cut and paste master
                On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Originally posted by CbEagle View Post
                  You have a much better chance at seeing the door then IG, pal!

P.S. you do bring absolutely zero to the table, fuckin cut and paste master
                  Just because you and your butt boy do not like information posted is not reason to respond with sarcasm, there are other people who answered without being an ignorant fuck. So you and IG can go spoon and talk all the shit you want.

Comment

I answered, and I still think your antics are getting old. It may be "information posted," but it's still lame-assed copy and pasting. Link to a source, give your opinion, and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                      I answered, and I still think your antics are getting old. It may be "information posted," but it's still lame-assed copy and pasting. Link to a source, give your opinion, and move on.
                      I posted something the other day and got reamed for not having a source, so I copy and paste now that is a source. So some of these guys need to make up their minds source or no source.

Comment

link retard
                        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Working...
                        X