I am having a horrible flashback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am having a horrible flashback

Look, I know playing ability has NOTHING to do with coaching ability. But the FIRST THING the FF did that pissed me off when he came here was hand the starting QB job to Doug Pederson when Rodney Peete was still here. Pederson had NEVER been a regular starter and FF just handed him the gig without any competition.

I also know Rodney Peete was nothing special, but he was Dan Marino compared to Pederson.

I think "pedestrian" as I called him, started about six games until they finally handed the keys over to McNabb. I used to rip Pederson so much on this board, at one of our very first tailGAYtes, I was given a Pederson jersey.

Pederson also has that whole "gomer" look and was a holy roller. I should probably admire his religious convictions but I have never been a fan of guys talking about that stuff in interviews, invoking the Lord after a win (as if He was not a fan of the other team).

I dont know...if this guy wins, who cares?

But...here we are all those years later and Pederson (apparently) is being handed another job at which he is completely unproven.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

If he hands the keys of the offense to Shurmur, I think that unit could be competent. If he brings Childress along, it's probably a fuck-up.

If he does hire Schwartz or maybe Pettine at DC and lets them do their thing, they can't be worse than Billy Davis, so that's something. Maybe they're not god awful in a year or two.

Who knows...maybe Lurie offered him the job on the condition that he bump Duce to OC. Lurie is apparently a Duce fanboy, so maybe Pederson is a place-holder for Duce like he was for McNabb.

Comment

You gettin' the jersey back out then??
      Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

a homeless guy is probably wearing it

I wore it that day at the GAYte and after that it sat in a drawer for years. Thought about getting another nameplate on it but they never had a #14 I liked. Then I was clearing out some old clothes and I gave it to Goodwill.
        May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
          they never had a #14 I liked

"I will fight you too!"

Comment

Pedestrian does not call the plays in KC

Originally posted by Chupacabra View Post
            If he hands the keys of the offense to Shurmur, I think that unit could be competent. If he brings Childress along, it's probably a fuck-up.

If he does hire Schwartz or maybe Pettine at DC and lets them do their thing, they can't be worse than Billy Davis, so that's something. Maybe they're not god awful in a year or two.

Who knows...maybe Lurie offered him the job on the condition that he bump Duce to OC. Lurie is apparently a Duce fanboy, so maybe Pederson is a place-holder for Duce like he was for McNabb.
            FF does.
            May 7, 2010

Comment

I had already gotten rid of it...

...by the time that bum came along, but he sure kept the streak going. Ty(ny) Detmet was another 14 I couldn't stand.
              May 7, 2010

Comment

I thought of you when I heard the news.

Even A mentioned your Pederson jersey. I hope the homeless person gets the joke, or maybe he'll have the hottest outfit next year when the team does well. HA!

Comment

Great to hear from you!!!

Originally posted by Lu View Post
                  Even A mentioned your Pederson jersey. I hope the homeless person gets the joke, or maybe he'll have the hottest outfit next year when the team does well. HA!
                  Hope all is well in Lu World! Happy Lu Year!!!
                  May 7, 2010

Comment

Working...
                  X